padi a/i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunday diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can someone tell me what the padi a/i course consists of? I have completed my d/m with internship and wonder what's involved in the a/i?

Congrats on earning your Divemaster certification.

The PADI AI Course is essentially the first part of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). The second part is the OWSI Program.

During the program, you'll learn about learning and instructional systems, how to teach confined water, knowledge development and open water sessions, and how to organise and conduct the programs that an AI can run, such as PPB and Project AWARE Courses.

You'll gain hands on experience in conducting those teaching sessions, and you'll further refine your dive skills.

Some people choose to do the AI Course, and then later do the OWSI Program before going onto the Instructor Exam (IE). This approach is used when people want to gain experience, and also take a little more time.

Others choose to do the IDC in one go, and then do the IE.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Des

I thought AI was a consolation prize for those who could not complete OWSI.

Hi Sunday Diver,

(I was actually in Sydney BC today :) ) If you want to complete the AI course, or just want more info, I would contact Tyler Preston (DiveJedi) on this board. He is the local PADI course director, and he can answer all your questions and get you going. He lives in Victoria...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom