Padi/Dsat gear configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Genesis, if the definition of air includes enriched air, I stand corrected.

I went back and read some of the first posts and they indicate this. Sometimes one forgets all thats been said in these longer threads. A good one, by the way.

hi all,

as inexperienced as I am in tec diving I can´t add anything else to the thread than my questions in the first posts.

i`m keeping up with your posts and reading with eyes wide open.

thank you all for sharing your knowledge, experience and time!

it looks like this thread managed to go a bit higher than the usual DIR vs NO-DIR, GUE vs TDI vs IANTD…stroke vs non-stroke…etc, etc…
and that’s good, the debate is now focused on the fundamentals and main issues of tec education, and that’s (the way I see it) far more educational than discussing the use of bp-wing and if it has to be halcyon or not.

i find very constructive and educational the way you are all managing to keep on focus with consistent opinions, supported by know-how and experience and moving from “superficial” points of view to a more highly structured discussion.

i do thank you all for the education you are delivering, limited by the posts web/board “format” but yet very enlightening!

regulators, once again it seems to me that this is the right place for this thread but don`t hesitate if you feel that it should move to the tec area.

scuberd once bubbled...
I am not a tech diver, but I am wondering one thing. I would like to know how deep one can go on air alone. I promise I will not go that deep (I enjoy being alive), its only for my personal info.

The simple answer to your question is about 66metres or 217ft. Any deeper than that and you're risking O2 toxicity which can cause you to have convulsions and lose consciousness.

R..

Thanks for all the comments, this thread is just what I needed.

I want to get into more technical diving, so to further my education, my chooses are the DSAT Tek/Rec course, TDI (Adv Nitrox, Deco Procedures and Ext Range) and IANDT.

For the following reasons I am going with the DSAT course:
- LDS instructor, teaches the mentioned courses, his comments and teaching abilities. (I value his opinion and respect the diving he has done; this has lead me to choose him over other instructors offering the same courses).
- Mike Ferrara’s comments.
- MHK’s comments – sorry GUE isn’t available, but your opinion has helped make my decision.
- The fact that the instructor that I am taking the course with will offer the cross over exams for the TDI certification at the cost of the cert only. He is confidant that after taking the DSAT course the TDI exams will be a piece of cake.

You have a month to talk me out of it.
:bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom