PADI E-Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three of the cards for courses I took in the U.S. took forever to reach me in Canada (no surprise there with 2 countrys' P.O.'s and Canada Customs--this sort of thing happens a lot). Before they finally did arrive, I had called PADI and they sent me 3 others--replacements free of charge. That must've cost them a bundle ($47/$37 X3) to make and send them..... Anybody want some extra PADI cards?

I am just discovering this unpleasant situation for myself. I have changed my name (recent divorce) and naturally wanted my cards to read my correct name. I can't believe PADI expects me to pay over $330 to get replacement cards. Ridiculous. :no:

I am just discovering this unpleasant situation for myself. I have changed my name (recent divorce) and naturally wanted my cards to read my correct name. I can't believe PADI expects me to pay over $330 to get replacement cards. Ridiculous. :no:

I'd just replace your most significant cards. Like Nitrox and Rescue or whatever your highest card is.

I scanned my C-card, saved it as a PDF file, and put THAT on both my phone and tablet. It only cost me a few minutes of my time to do it. I spent enough money getting certified in the first place... im not about to give PADI $47 more dollars.

Adam

I got a nice email saying that I could download the PADI program to my Iphone and get all of my certifications put in there so i didn't need to carry cards.

Downloading the program was easy. Then I was made aware that you have to BUY the Ecards at a PADI dive center or online. I figured it might be worth a couple bucks so I went through the process.

They wanted $47 for each certification!!

My email to them read:
"Do you REALLY think I’m going to pay $47 EACH for you to send my certifications to my phone.????

You’re out of your freaking mind!!!!!"

PADI are a bunch of robbing b*****s and this is why they will never get another penny out of me. I lost my RD card (fortunately I found it again). They wanted a ridiculous fee to replace it and the electronic version was no cheaper, even though it costs them peanuts to provide it.

Carefully take a round blade exacto knife and scrape off the last name. Take a sharpie and write in the correct one. Easy to do and works. And just in case carry your drivers license to show you is who you is. Even if PADI will not allow you to do that without taking more money. Or make your ex pay as part of the settlement!

insane, and terrible public relations.

That's pretty much the bottom line of it. Let PADI do stuff like this that is simply stupid in a competitive marketplace, not to mention treating their customers with shocking disregard. Then let the consumers vote with their dollars. You could get away with this kind of silliness better in the old days when divers didn't have ready communication with each other like they do now with forums like SB. For PADI to do this at all says something about them. That they do it with the whole world watching says another thing about them.

Jesus, why? All I can state from finding this out is my confusion to the issue. Who in the board room thought this would be a good idea? PADI should be encouraging people to dive with them, not scare them away. That initially happens through renown (read: $ spent on advertising), and next through cost. I'm so happy I got what I did through my PADI shop, it almost seems like finding a rare blue dog.

I have the same problem with plastic cards. last move I lost my dive log and two of my C-cards (still have my original YMCA card). Since my local dive shop is PADI affiliated I first contacted them about getting a new card. They said I was no longer in the system (well it had been 30 years). Their only solution was "you'll have to retake the OW certification for $350". To which I responded "no thanks NAUI still has me listed and they will replace my card, and I only need a certification from one organization". They lady I was talking to seemed somewhat indignant.

I was also quite surprised when I got my nitrox and Advance OW cert and found out that there are separate cards for each rather than one card that showed all cert levels. Just makes no sense. It's kind of like getting a drivers license for a car and then taking the boat course and getting a separate license for that and another for motorcycle. Even the government only gives you one license with each vehicle type listed on the back.

I have not read all the posts but last year I was heading to Jamaica for my honey moon. First time diving some where people did not know me. the problem was about two months prior I lost my wallet with my cards in it. So I had no cert cards. When I called padi for replacements it was 50 dollars per cert card and you could not get a ecard with out the hard card so it would be 80 if i wanted to go that route. I prob could of lied and just got ecards but still for 37 to 47 per card it was stupid and insane. the cost to repalce all my certs basically came in at a few bucks short from just getting my tech certification. So instead of getting new cards I took my tech 45 class and I used that card cause that trumped most of my previous cards. the only issue I had with that is the 5 star resort i stayed at did not understand what my tech card was and took the guy several phone calls to PADI to grasp the meaning of it.

PADI is ridiculous with some of their processes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom