PADI Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clip them to your BCD next to your mask.....along with everything else that is there.

I was kidding. If you need to take your tables underwater with you, you aren't properly planning your dive.

Wijbrandus:
I was kidding. If you need to take your tables underwater with you, you aren't properly planning your dive.
Ohhhhhh this is too easy. Two casts = two bites......my net is gonna be full today!

Anyway....on that point ever heard of emergency measures?

Emergency measures? Sure. But they aren't related to recreational dive tables. An emergency is when I've got no gas. Anything else is not an emergency. If you can breathe - no emergency. You've got time to work the problem.

I've heard of contingency planning. Knowing how long to extend your safety stop in case you blow your NDL at your planned depth, knowing your NDL for a few levels below your planned depth, etc. is all part of a proper dive plan.

You certainly don't need to take your tables down below with you to know this stuff. If you need to remember the numbers and can't do it in your head, a slate is much easier to read underwater than the dive tables.

One of these days, I'll remember not to bite when someone's trolling around above me.

On to the original topic, you can certainly tell if someone's freaking out on the surface a whole lot easier by their behavior rather than looking at where they wear their mask. Anyone who looks at a totally calm diver floating there having a conversation, and asks them repeatedly if they are ok just because their mask is on their forehead - well that asker is a dork and deserves to be chastised.

LiteHedded:
i did my padi OW a few weeks ago
I was told to pull it down around my neck
Bravo....you do what you've been taught until you get too big and bolshy and do it your own way!

I just skipped to the end here to put my 2 cents

I've always kept my mask around my neck, however with a bungied backup around my neck its a pain, so I turn it around backwards on top of my head, I don't have to worry about my mask being knocked off in a florida spring and if it does i just get my backup and go after my primary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom