PADI Rescue Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought Rescue was a lot of fun and had a good Laugh... I remember this although I did my Rescue in 1992 or 1993... I had a great Laugh...

Have a good time...

I, plus hubby, have just signed up to do the rescue course in July. I am really looking forward to it and feel that I am ready for that next step now.

Being of slight build I am a bit concerned about the physical elements but can only see how I get on when I start. A postive attitude will help I'm sure.

Of all courses through DM ... none is even close to the mental, emotional, and physical challenge of DM! Rescue is a very distant second.

Consider this: The entire rescue course is pretty much a chapter in the dm course.. you live it all over again as merely a sub-component of your DM course ... so how could the two even be compared?

Physical challenge ha! Concerned with egressing a victim to shore? Consider exchanging all of your gear from head to toe at the bottom of a swimming pool while buddy breathing having just swam 1600 meters in under 10 minutes and treading water the last 2 minutes with arms raised fully over your head. Just pray the two of you don't run out of air while getting the job done!

considering the WORLD record:1500 meters 14:43.48 Kieren Perkins, Australia July 31, 1992 Barcelona, and DB doing 1600 in less than 10.....WOW
:wacko:
I guess I'll just have to settle for being a NAUI DM if and when I decide to go that route.....

:wink:

tony

Just completed Rescue Diver back in May.

Rescue was very rewarding and the most fun so far.

AOW and Rescue do build confidence. I am a lot more comfortable after taking the training rather than just getting bottom time and accumulating dives.

When going through the AOW I read and completed ALL of the modules for Adventures in Diving, not just the 5 required for the certification.

I bought the book & video for both AOW and Rescue in Advance. Read the books first. Followed up with the videos afterwards. I also read the requirements on what "drills" I will need to do. I practiced in advance so when I started class I was more than ready for it. I averaged a chapter a day so I didn't get burned out and really absorbed what I was reading.

Good luck

I'm doing my Rescue Course on the 25th June this month.

I'm looking forward to it! :)

You still following this thread? Kinda like the kid that could get 20' out of one back kick? Helwoe? one year wonder, you there?

DiverBuoy once boasted...
Of all courses through DM ... none is even close to the mental, emotional, and physical challenge of DM! Rescue is a very distant second.

Consider this: The entire rescue course is pretty much a chapter in the dm course.. you live it all over again as merely a sub-component of your DM course ... so how could the two even be compared?

Physical challenge ha! Concerned with egressing a victim to shore? Consider exchanging all of your gear from head to toe at the bottom of a swimming pool while buddy breathing having just swam 1600 meters in under 10 minutes and treading water the last 2 minutes with arms raised fully over your head. Just pray the two of you don't run out of air while getting the job done!

Once again, considering the OLYMPIC WORLD record: 1500 meters 14:43.48 Kieren Perkins, Australia July 31, 1992 Barcelona, and DB doing 1600 METERS in less than 10 MINUTES.....WOW

btw, what does the MSDT mean?

BS meter is pegged!

tony

I am signed up for the rescue diver class in early July. I've read the book, done the chapter reviews and have watched the video a couple times. I've logged 144 dives since certifying in June of 2001. My concern is that at the age of 50 and not in top shape I may be over-extending myself.

Well, that was definatly one of the most physically grueling weekends of my life, not least because our instructor is very tough with the rescue course, we did the scenarios two or three times until we had them perfect, and then we went and did the next ones, fortunatly we all passed, and we all learned a tremendous amount from the experiance, I would advise anybody who has the confidence to be in that sort of situation to take part, it is a very rewarding course and its amazing how much it improves your diving and confidence

*goes back to sleep*
if only, lol

Back
Top Bottom