Panama City FL. Insta buddy OOA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The fact that some of us could do a nice safe ascent with 400 psi is irrelevant. The diver in question was an air hog. If he was down to 400 psi that quickly I really doubt that his ascent would suddenly show a slower air consumption. I had an instabuddy a few weeks ago. He seemed ok in the water but had warned me he was an air hog. He was right. He was down to 1000 psi within 15 minutes at 55 ft. I seriously doubt that he could make it up from depth and do a safety stop on 400 psi. Especially since getting low would make him breath even faster.

Holy cow, we were on the same boat the weekend prior! I hope the DM or Capt didn't let him back in the water! You did the right thing by offering.

We were out on the Wreck-reation last year when we got an instabuddy as a third person (husband and I are always together) Guy hadn't dove in years, was a smoker, and out of shape. By the time we got to about 70', he showed my husband his air gauge and was at less than 500 (we started with 3000, obviously). He used over 2500 just going down the line! Needless to say, he wasn't allowed in the water for the second dive.

Last edited:
Holy cow, we were on the same boat the weekend prior! I hope the DM or Capt didn't let him back in the water! You did the right thing by offering.

We were out on the Wreck-reation last year when we got an instabuddy as a third person (husband and I are always together) Guy hadn't dove in years, was a smoker, and out of shape. By the time we got to about 70', he showed my husband his air gauge and was at less than 500 (we started with 3000, obviously). He used over 2500 just going down the line! Needless to say, he wasn't allowed in the water for the second dive.
How in the world could a person breathe that much that fast? Your talking what, a couple of minutes? I'm not even sure I could make my lungs move that fast, sounds like dual 140s are the rig for him. [emoji2]

Steve

Back
Top Bottom