Panama City season start/end

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcf57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm in the Atlanta area & have been certified since about 2007. I am looking at going down to Panama City this weekend with family & some friends. I have never dived in this area, but have a diving trip scheduled for Saturday. However, the weather looks iffy so not sure if I'll be able to dive when I get down there. Maybe Sunday if its too bad Saturday.

If I don't dive at all, not sure when I'm gonna be able to make it back down again this year. I think others have told me the dive season down there goes till around December, right? If I can't make it, when does it usually start back up again too? March, April, May? just curious so I can possibly make plans in 2010 if needed.

You can usually find a boat going out here on weekends all the way up to at least Thanksgiving if not longer. You will have to just call around. K

Diver's Den (850-234-8717) will give you the latest report and has several boats they use, and maybe a trip to the springs if nothing else!!

I know for a fact that all the dive operations here will welcome your business even more in the cold months, although we all have a minimum number of divers required to get a charter off the dock.

Back
Top Bottom