Panama City Vis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tictoc728

New
Reaction score
Looking to go to Panama City this weekend. Anybody know the current visibility encountered boat diving recently, have heard twenty foot vis? :06:

we dove the jetty's 7-19 and 7-21. 7-19 was a late afternoon session just for piddling around (5:30ish)the vis was 6 - 10 but had a good time neway. On 7-21 (morning about 9:45) vis was 10-15 most of the time.

Talked with the guys at PC dive center (7-19) and they were talking ft all the way down on the tugs. Over at Divers Den they said the tanks were about the same (7-19).

I was at Emerald Coast on 7-19 they were talking about 50 - 60 at the jetty's.

Unfortunately vacation time got real short and didn't get a chance to enjoy the good vis before returning to our wonderful waters here in the Midwest.

What was the ft quoted at PCDC and Divers Den? Our vis at the jetties has never been over 25 ft, but still a pretty good time.

frenchy07:
we dove the jetty's 7-19 and 7-21. 7-19 was a late afternoon session just for piddling around (5:30ish)the vis was 6 - 10 but had a good time neway. On 7-21 (morning about 9:45) vis was 10-15 most of the time.

Talked with the guys at PC dive center (7-19) and they were talking ft all the way down on the tugs. Over at Divers Den they said the tanks were about the same (7-19).

I was at Emerald Coast on 7-19 they were talking about 50 - 60 at the jetty's.

Unfortunately vacation time got real short and didn't get a chance to enjoy the good vis before returning to our wonderful waters here in the Midwest.

Hi,

I'm going to be going to Panama City for some flying inflatable boat flight training. My dive partner, an ex seal, said when he went to the Navy Experimental Dive Unit in Panama City, the two bars to hang in were the "down the Hatch" and the "ten foot stop". Are these bars still there? How's that Museum of Diving there?

Thanks for sending me some answers,
Ted

Dunno about the bars, but viz reports have been getting better fast. You should have good viz this weekend.

:D Are those flying boats equipped with trolling motors?

The curator is a little off the wall, but the museum is surprisingly great. Really has a lot of interesting stuff to look at in a small area. Be sure to stick your head in the aquarium!

Teddanger:
Hi,

I'm going to be going to Panama City for some flying inflatable boat flight training. My dive partner, an ex seal, said when he went to the Navy Experimental Dive Unit in Panama City, the two bars to hang in were the "down the Hatch" and the "ten foot stop". Are these bars still there? How's that Museum of Diving there?

Thanks for sending me some answers,
Ted

mike_s:
ok... my first thought was '***?'....

you gotta say what the heck this is...

Zodiac type inflatable suspended under an ultralight (powered hang glider). Seen fairly often in St. Andrews Bay, Panama City, FL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom