Panasonic 12-35 or 12-60?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delojo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi:

For a gh5ii and wanting tk shoot video mainly , what are your thoughts on these 2 lenses?

12-35 mm f/2.8 II Panasonic G X ASPH Power OIS

12-60 mm f/2.8-4.0 Panasonic DG ASPH Power OIS

What is the pros and cons?

Thanks!

Not an expert, but this is the one that I see many of the U/W videographers with your camera use.

Check these videos for more information, I highly recommend that you follow his channel:

Hi:

For a gh5ii and wanting tk shoot video mainly , what are your thoughts on these 2 lenses?

12-35 mm f/2.8 II Panasonic G X ASPH Power OIS

What is the pros and cons?

Thanks!
I've seen both. I've filmed with a Panasonic and had good experiences with similar lenses. My only advice/inclination would be toward the 12-35 f2.8 or another fixed aperture lens. Fixed aperture zoom lenses are generally a little better for video than variable aperture as the exposure won't darken and the sharpness should stay constant as you zoom in/out. If you have the budget for it and want a bit better video, I'd go for the constant aperture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom