Panhandle Sub Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must say I am glad to see the changes that were made, thank you to everyone who made it happen. I know that not everyone can't be be happy with every decision, but I still don't see what Kentucky, South Carolina, Georgia, Southern Arkansas has to do with semi-local diving in our region. I think it just makes sense to combine an area that people can easily travel to get to dive sites and dive with people from their geographic location. When I talk about Vortex Springs, Destin Jetties, Navarre pier, the Whiskey wreck, the YDT-14 and YDT 15, the Oriskany, the Pete Tide, etc these are local dives that people within this area go to. What do we have in common with divers who are diving in Kentucky, nothing. Deep Dixie is too generic and covers too vast an area. I am not looking for some exclusive club, I am looking for a thread that makes sense.

I must say I am glad to see the changes that were made, thank you to everyone who made it happen. I know that not everyone can't be be happy with every decision, but I still don't see what Kentucky, South Carolina, Georgia, Southern Arkansas has to do with semi-local diving in our region. I think it just makes sense to combine an area that people can easily travel to get to dive sites and dive with people from their geographic location. When I talk about Vortex Springs, Destin Jetties, Navarre pier, the Whiskey wreck, the YDT-14 and YDT 15, the Oriskany, the Pete Tide, etc these are local dives that people within this area go to. What do we have in common with divers who are diving in Kentucky, nothing. Deep Dixie is too generic and covers too vast an area. I am not looking for some exclusive club, I am looking for a thread that makes sense.

wJefferies.... it almost seems like you now want to exclude out other areas of Deep Dixie from being in this forum? (The Deep Dixie Divers).

I agree that Deep Dixie covers a vast area, but we have to rememmber that a lot of folks in this area dive both in their home areas and also drive down to the coast...

We could split it up into two forums, but that wouldn't be good for unitity of the forum and would require people "mutiple clicks" to check more forums.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom