Panic Attack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe I'm reading this all wrong but I really don't think you panicked at all. You may have had a panicky feeling, but you kept your head about you the whole time, you relaxed, thought the problem through and reacted accordingly. And to prove it, you finished your dive. Being pulled along by the float and not feeling in control would have thrown anyone for a loop.

I was doing a drift dive in Jupiter in a ripping current and my mask almost got ripped from my face. It was flooding and I couldn't see where I was. Now I have taken my mask off many times during dives or my mask has flooded and I had to clear it, so why this should bother me on this particular dive, I have no idea. But I remember starting to have an uneasy feeling bordering on the beginning of feeling panic. But it subsided because I realized I was being irrational. However, I after that incident, I can totally understand why someone without a lot of experience, or even someone with experience but having a bad day, could succumb to panic. It was a very scary feeling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom