Parkway “Lollipop” SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green Frog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just out of curiosity I’d like to know what folks think of the (apparently) late Parkway “lollipop” style SPG. I‘m looking at a mixed up reg rig for its first stage, but am curious as to whether this SPG would be a bonus or a paperweight. Any comments? BTW, I know that Parkway went belly up many years ago, but good gear, in good shape, is good gear. :clearmask:
Thanks in advance for your input.
🐸

Any pictures?

Never heard of one called that before. Link to what you are describing would really help.
Or at least a picture.

I don’t have a picture I can post, but I thought the lollipop term was widely used… just a round SPG, usually in a rubber boot, at the end of the high pressure hose out of one’s first stage. This one from Parkway is pretty nondescript, except for the bright red wedge to indicate when you’re down to your last 500 or so psi. I’m just wondering if anyone knows who may have made an SPG that Pparkway stuck their name on.
🐸

I have a vintage ScubaPro SPG the HP hose coming straight out of the back of the gauge (as opposed to the side like most modern gauges). Tech divers use a pretty vanilla SPG that probably looks pretty similar to traditional gauges from the early days (pre-boot).

A picture would definitely help.

I don’t have a picture I can post, but I thought the lollipop term was widely used… just a round SPG, usually in a rubber boot, at the end of the high pressure hose out of one’s first stage. This one from Parkway is pretty nondescript, except for the bright red wedge to indicate when you’re down to your last 500 or so psi. I’m just wondering if anyone knows who may have made an SPG that Pparkway stuck their name on.
🐸
I've only heard the term "lollipop" when referring to an SPG on a short hose (4-9 inches) as might be used on a sidemount tank or sometimes a stage/deco bottle.

Are these what you are referring to?
1697897261402.jpeg

No, I referred to a regular gauge with the hose coming from the side… the same as was frequently used in consoles. The gauge in question has its own protective rubber boot and would probably be used along with a wrist mounted computer. Visualize an old fashioned flat sided lollipop. 🍭
🐸

1697898947620.png

Never heard of one called that before. Link to what you are describing would really help.
Or at least a picture.

Just a single SPG on a 21" hose. Closest gauge is likely a Hollis. I use a pair of these for sidemount.
1697899290344.png

Lolipop more often refers to a bare SPG on a very short (6") hose often seen on SideMount rigs or stage bottles.
20221205_171110.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom