Parkway “Lollipop” SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiosity I’d like to know what folks think of the (apparently) late Parkway “lollipop” style SPG. I‘m looking at a mixed up reg rig for its first stage, but am curious as to whether this SPG would be a bonus or a paperweight. Any comments? BTW, I know that Parkway went belly up many years ago, but good gear, in good shape, is good gear. :clearmask:
Thanks in advance for your input.
🐸
I knew a few divers who had these..reliable at the time as PW made quite a few pieces of gear. As for longevity, I am not sure. Try alec@thewindmillranch.com, The Scuba Museum ( leave a message for ‘Rob’). or in a week or so (after vacay) try simonbeans@yahoo.com (Allan) . Good sources of information.

giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser

The boot and SPG on my daughter’s reg was from 1982-3. I took out the depth gauge and put in a puck computer in its place. I don’t see a reason to get rid of one that otherwise works.
Those are beautiful old gauges!
Those are just a picture of a Google search. Getting a picture of mine would have required standing up…

@gmerick your first picture in Post #9 is exactly it except the boot on the one I saw is a lot more stripped down… just a relatively light case around the gauge and a simple sleeve around the connection and beginning of the hose. Many thanks! I apologize for the confusion of terminology, but I just called it what it looked like, and you have to admit, it does look like a lollipop!
BTW, I’m not familiar with Hollis. Are they a manufacturer or is theirs simply a house brand label on something made by somebody else? How is their reputation?
Thanks again for your input.
🐸

Back in ‘96 or ‘97 when I got my US Diver’s Matrix and put it on a wrist mount, I dug out an old pre-console “lollipop” gauge (as I referred to them back then) and that gave me a nice, close fitting, stripped down rig. Man, was I cool! 😎
🐸

@gmerick your first picture in Post #9 is exactly it except the boot on the one I saw is a lot more stripped down… just a relatively light case around the gauge and a simple sleeve around the connection and beginning of the hose. Many thanks! I apologize for the confusion of terminology, but I just called it what it looked like, and you have to admit, it does look like a lollipop!
BTW, I’m not familiar with Hollis. Are they a manufacturer or is theirs simply a house brand label on something made by somebody else? How is their reputation?
Thanks again for your input.
🐸

I have been out of the ‘New SCUBA’ manufacturers for awhile. I see a lot of ‘Hollis’ gear and lots of cold water divers swear by it for drysuit diving. I am not a drysuit diver, but it looks like quality gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom