Partial re-opening of Sharm's beaches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photo.php

Sorry guys, I am
a) too stupid to insert a photo here (tried a facebook link) and
b) too stupid to erase the posting.

any help?

sharknet2.jpg
So here is a closer shot of one of the poles (more in the background) that are going to support the shark net in Naama Bay. The net is designed to cover the whole stretch of the swimming area in front of the MARITIME JOLIE VILLE hotel beach (so it is the hotel's very own project).

Work has been going on during the past weeks. It seemed to me that they weren't in a rush, maybe in an attempt to allow people to get used to the sight bit by bit.

My guess is that soon the Maritime hotel will advertise their net in the catalogues and ensure customer influx by pointing to their exclusive super-safe ocean pool, which time after time will make all other hotels consider to jump onto that same stupid train, just in order to stay in the competition for the last idiot tourist.

Hope the hotel's name is remembered next time you are in your local travel agency...

nope - the poles are new - they were hammered into the sea floor over the last few weeks. We are not sure of the ultimate intention as yet....

Definitely not. The floating buoy line has been there for years ( as well as the three horizontally floating devices in the back ground), right. But the silver pole in the foreground plus the one on the right margin of the photo is one of a number of newly erected stainless steel or aluminum poles which have been rammed into the sandy bottom. I've been there, I've seen (and heard underwater) the ramming of the poles.

(My last reply referring to Red Sea Shadow's answer to my post; not a reply to Crowley's, who is as always correct)

Back
Top Bottom