Partial re-opening of Sharm's beaches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MatD --- Here on Tuesday at 8.00p.m. (channel 5) there's an hour long documentary called RED SEA JAWS. It's about the shark attacks in Sharm last month. It includes an Interview with one of the attack victims.

ohh thanks for that Scubie.. I'll get the sky box to record that one.. and make sure to watch it when MrsD is not about.. I think she's heard to much about Sharks in Sharm to last a lifetime. I actully want he to get in you know .... LOL

For those not lucky enough to live in the sunny, warm U.K.
Here's the link to the documentary so you can watch it on your computer. (It's not available to watch yet as it's not broadcast until tonight)

Red Sea Jaws | Five

I’m looking at arranging our regular freediving trip to Red Sea in the spring. A couple of friends and I love recreational freediving in Sharm. Our favourite spot is off El Fanar, particularly around the gorgonians and there’s a public beach near Pinky’s Wall with good access. We like to get a taxi out to Ras Mo and freedive the Shark Observatory as well as around Shark/Yolanda. We also like to get on the dive boats - both local and Tiran - as snorkelers and do our thing if it’s a mooring dive or follow the scubies if it’s a drift. If we are going in from the shore we are usually in the water for a couple of hours in the morning and again in the afternoon. We don’t tend to go below 30 metres for recreational freediving. Is this kind of activity possible/advisable in Sharm at the moment or likely to be in the spring given the current restrictions or should we stick to Dahab?

What's the situation now in Sharm with training dives and general unsupervised snorkeling from the hotel beaches (outside of any nets)?

It's alllll back to normal! :D

C.

Back
Top Bottom