Passing gas affecting buoyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol...I start this conversation all the time around the boat....

The tone of the conversation is set by the " No Farting" sign in the galley. :eek:

Happy Diving!
Elena

Last edited:
299526_10151410566237803_1082583718_n.jpg

Your body will be subjected to so much pressure beyond 2 ATA that you will not be able to pass gas.

What you just said is absolutely not true... As I know for a fact that I have pass much gas in a hyperbaric chamber well beyond 2ATA, and been subjected to others also passing gas as well. At the very least you have made and interesting assumption. Just don't try to sell it to anyone else :wink:

Your body will be subjected to so much pressure beyond 2 ATA that you will not be able to pass gas.

... that is most definitely not so ... I've farted at 200 feet ... and it didn't affect my buoyancy in the least ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... that is most definitely not so ... I've farted at 200 feet ... and it didn't affect my buoyancy in the least ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sank a small boat when it hit the surface though...

As in so many threads before, a distant chant is heard rising just beyond the horizon,"warhammer, warhammer, warhammer..."

I thought that I passed gas in this one dive but it was something else. Thank goodness for wetsuit!!! After a bit of explanation to the dive master and everybody who were easily offended by the sight of a naked, fat guy were warned, I jumped in the ocean, stripped off the wetsuit and rinsed everything out.

No problem.

Thank you everyone.

So, when diving in Mexico, after eating lots of tacos, burritos, and more... I should not have to worry much about the gas that will come out.

I thought that I passed gas in this one dive but it was something else. Thank goodness for wetsuit!!! After a bit of explanation to the dive master and everybody who were easily offended by the sight of a naked, fat guy were warned, I jumped in the ocean, stripped off the wetsuit and rinsed everything out.

No problem.

Gamble on a fart and lose?...it happens sometimes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom