PastoDeco 4.4 new functions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheSnake

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,
PastoDeco 4.4.0 for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android is now available.

New features:
> Calculate max bottom time
> Automatic tank size check and replace ( OC & CCR bailouts )
> Auto generation of lost gas runtimes for each deco/bailout + normal + loss of all decos

Fixes: minor fixes when using imperial units ( e.g. Incorrect No Fly Time )

shen05.PNG
shen06.PNG

New advanced Runtime menu

shen07.PNG
shen08.PNG

max bottom time with given depth, gas mix and decos

shen10.PNG
shen11.PNG

Automatic check of tank capacity ( auto replace if not enough ).
Tanks change is made based on customized tanks list.

shen12.PNG
shen01.jpg

Automatic loss gas runtimes chart.

shen02.jpg
shen03.jpg

PastoDeco Windows and Mac versions and Manuals in English and Italian availables for download on my website:
PastoDeco? decompression planning software

The lost gas runtime is great! Was only thing I missed

Tanks sizes check is also usefull when deciding bailout volumes without having to made several tests

Awesome, thanks for looking into the imperial Units problem so promtply after i contacted you.

It seems that new PastoDeco functions are interesting ....

Got this error reset all parameters. It did reset just about everything afaik. Bought it just to have as I'm taking a deco/anx course soon.

Screenshot_20170317-164151.png

PastoDeco is inspiring .....

How does it determine max bottom time?

I ran a plan using a single deco gas. Back gas in double HP120s. Deco in a single AL40. I told it to determine max bottom time. It said 27'. So, I changed my bottom time to 27 and re-ran the plan.

It gave me a gas usage of 182 cu-ft of back gas and 23 cu-ft of deco gas. What I expected was for either the back gas to be somewhere near maxed out (i.e. close to 238 cu-ft, which is what PD says is the max for those cylinders), OR the deco gas to either be close to 40 cu-ft OR be close to, but less than 20 cu-ft.

My training is to plan for using half or less of my deco gas, so I would want the "Max Bottom Time" calculation to optimize (in this case) for deco gas usage of 20 cu-ft or less. A plan that calls for 23 cu-ft is unacceptable.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

Also, a bug report. This has been like this since before v4.4, I just never bothered to report it.

I'm running PD on an Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7). I use it in Portrait mode.

The problem:

- I run a plan.
- I tap View Text Plan.
- The text version of the plan displays, but it only uses roughly the top half of the screen. So, I have to do a lot of scrolling to see the whole plan.
- I tap the white/red X in the upper right corner to close the text plan.
- I tap View Text Plan again - going right back into the screen I just left.
- On the second entry into this screen, the text version of the plan displays as I would expect it to - using the whole screen (except, of course, for that little Contact dialog or whatever it is that is always at the bottom).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom