PC interface Issue with Galileo Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moolie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Folks
Ive just purchased a Galileo Luna dive computer and am having trouble connecting it to the supplied PC Application, SmartTrak. As the interface is Infrared and I dont have infrared on my laptop, my local dive store suggested I buy an USB Infra red adapter to use as the interface.

My laptop is running Windows 7 and the Infrared device recognizes that it is communicating with a Galileo Luna device. So far so good. When I start up the SmartTRAK software and try to transfer data, I receive the error "Memomouse not found". The only settings I can find in the software to change are the serial ports and I have selected all these without success.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Why is this happening and how can I overcome it?

Thanks,
Michael

Moolie, check in the scubapro forum. We had a discussion and many of us have bought inexpensive irda adapters from amazon. Don't pay the stupid high price SP is charging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your responses
@ Hatful. Yes I purchased the USB IRda interface and you can see that this recognizes the dive computer. Its like the SmartTRAK software doesn't seam to recognize that the dive computer is connected
@TNronin. I had a look through Scuba Pro but couldnt see any discussions on the IRda interface or the memomouse error. I did see on thread where a guy uninstalled and down loaded and installed the latest software. I will have to give this a try.

I use smartrack with my uatek console and have not had any problems as long as I position the infra red reader close enough to the console.

I have the IRda and the console about 5 to 10mm from each other (ie, less than half an inch)

Moolie, I apologize for not fully reading your OP. this sounds like an issue with the PC rather than program. Have you tried changing the speed? Occasionally I have a comm issue with mine but that is due to bumping and misaligning the unit and laptop. Do you get the little window with the green lights? Also have you tried going to the "settings" portion where you can upload images and personalize the unit? There are three ways to comm with the unit.
1. Personalize
2. Setup
3. Download the dives

Can you do any of these? HTH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could be off base here, but MemoMouse I believe is a wired PC link for the old Aladin computer.

http://www.scubapro.com/media/128332/datatrak-eng.pdf

I have a feeling SmartTrak is not recognizing that you have an infrared interface plugged in. Try uninstalling the driver, and plugging the infrared interface back in to reinstall the driver. Also check in the control panel that there is an Infrared driver installed.

I also have installed SmarTrak and uwatec irda adapter. It works fine on my windows 7 pc (install and run as administrator!!).
But on my windows 8 pc I can not use it!! I have installed the newest SmarTrak version and the windows 8 driver from SP's, website. I am logged on as administrator. The best result I have until now is, that the transmission starts, but faile after a few seconds.

Can anyone help??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom