Peace, Conception, Truth or Vision?

Which boat would you choose for a 2 or 3 day trip to Northern Channel Islands?

• The Peace

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • The Truth

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • The Conception

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • The Vision

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • I don't know, just want to see the answers.

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bunks on The Truth and Conception (never been on The Vision) have a little better ventilation. I'd go on any of the choices.

Good idea to find out about the crowd - I need lots of photog people to hang with! Maybe I'll try calling the clubs to scope them out.

Taxgeek:
I'm so jealous Jim, I wish I could go on that!
HEY BY THE WAY, DONT KNOW WHY I DIDNT MENTION THIS BEFORE, LAST TIME I CHECKED THERE WERE STILL AVALIBLE SPOTS ON THIS TRIP, IF INTERESTED LET ME KNOW, THE TRIP IS SPONSRED BY DOLPHIN SCUBA CENTER IN SACRAMENTO. oooohh sorry i left the caps on, i suck at typing, lol!!!!!

Just signed up for trip over July 4 weekend on the Conception so the timing of this poll was wonderful. I do hope that it has Nitrox though by then or diving my rebreather will be nearly as fun :)

Rebreather . . . ooooh . . . another expensive toy to contemplate! :)

Rebreathers are very addictive, my wife just told me she is now ready when she heard some female divers get out of the winter So. Cal water saying its the first time they've been warm diving (due to breathing warm moist air, verse cold dry air). For my July trip I'm currently expecting to building time on my second rebreather (full CCR this time).

When they try at your own risk, its just as much about you'll be hooked as a warning

Given DAN's recomendations against hot tubing following a dive and the increased risk of DCS, the hottub is not a selling point for me either. However, I do like the Peace. I have not been on the other boats so I can't judge them. But the peace was a well run boat and worth a return visit. Wednesday and Thursday price specials are great too.

I've only been on the Peace and the Vision and like them both. They both had a great crew great food and knew a lot about the local dive spots.

Like previously said, I think it comes down to where and when you want to go

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Although Peace has smaller bunks, their crew, Nitrox, and food make up for it. Hot tub... yeah, that's questionable... I have stuck my hands in it after a dive... it did feel good...

You'll be happy with whatever you do. It's a win win choice.

Of the three I've only been on the Truth, on a day trip to Santa Cruz Island a few months ago. I'm not a real big fan of dive boats, so take this with a grain of salt... :D

I think the Truth is the smallest of the three Truth Aquatics boats. The Vision is the largest, and it looked pretty roomy sitting next to the Truth (it's something like 20 ft. longer according to the website).

The single bunk I was in was seemed pretty tight. Of course that's with some of my gear stowed in there (dry clothes, camera, etc.), since there really isn't anywhere to put your junk aside from in your bunk. But I guess that's pretty typical of many boats.

The area where you put your tanks was also pretty tight, but that's no different from other boats I've been on. Bugs me, though. Sometimes you have to shimmy your tank/BCD in-between some others, and you've got folks stepping on your regulator, etc.

Food was very good. Crew was nice. The boat was really rockin' and rollin' as we crossed the channel coming back from Santa Cruz. Next time I'd probably tend towards one of the bigger boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom