Peace, Conception, Truth or Vision?

Which boat would you choose for a 2 or 3 day trip to Northern Channel Islands?

• The Peace

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • The Truth

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • The Conception

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • The Vision

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • I don't know, just want to see the answers.

Votes: 32 42.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Out of the choices, I have only gone on the Peace. I have been on other boats and the Peace gets my vote. Captain Eric is great(and he is a friend of mine:D ). The crew is wonderful, the food is(yum yum)the best, and Capt Eric knows the sites.

I am going on the Conception for the day, to Santa Rosa and San Miguel, on April 15th. Anyone else want to go? I will let you know my thoughts after the trip.

Rick

jonahshark:
Has anyone been on a limited load trip with them? I saw it on their calendar, seems like a nice alternative, I just don't know how much more it'd cost.
I have gone on a limited load trip on the Vision, but I haven't gone on a "regular" trip with them, so I can't really compare the two.
vision-side.jpg

I can say that after a limited load, I don't think I'd enjoy a full boat. It was great having several empty bunks for gear storage. Being a photographer, it was great that this trip was loaded with other photogs and the only fish shooting was the non-lethal kind. It was also nice to have lots of table space for camera gear as there certainly was a lot of it.

videogear.jpg
and
cameratable.jpg

The food was quite good and the crew pleasant and helpful. I'm going again in a few days.

drbill:
I've been on all the boats and like them all. Know the captain or second captain on two of them. I'd dive on which ever boat was going where I needed to go.
Dr. Bill: I second that. Just get me in the kelp.

I've only been on Peace. I was very impressed. Among the best food I've eaten on the water. Also, and significant: If there is no trip the day before, you can arrive the day before and spend the night aboard, thereby avoiding an early morning drive to Ventura.

I say the Peace, the last time I tried to schedule a trip on the Conception they cancelled on me a week in advance. A WEEK! They stated that the weather predictions were crap, and it ended up being wonderful. They seem to have somewhat of a reputation for this kind of behavior. I still have yet to dive San Miguel.

Billy

Empty V:
I say the Peace, the last time I tried to schedule a trip on the Conception they cancelled on me a week in advance. A WEEK! They stated that the weather predictions were crap, and it ended up being wonderful. They seem to have somewhat of a reputation for this kind of behavior. I still have yet to dive San Miguel.

Billy

A week is a little much. You can only even speculate what our weather is going to be like the next day. Our weather changes so often that you cant accurately predict a week in advance. They may have just not had very many people interested in the trip and were trying to be considerate and give people as much advance notice as possible. Think if you were coming from out of town to go dive this trip and find out that you wasted a trip out here because they cancelled with short notice.

I know that have become known to cancel prematurely. Wouldn't you rather have a week notice so that you can try and get onto another boat instead of them knowing for a week that they are going to cancel and cancelling a day before?

ItsBruce:
I've only been on Peace. I was very impressed. Among the best food I've eaten on the water. Also, and significant: If there is no trip the day before, you can arrive the day before and spend the night aboard, thereby avoiding an early morning drive to Ventura.
I've been on four 2-day runs on the Peace so far this year.

Eric and Kevin rock. Fabulous food. Knowledgable, laid back DMs who are always there to lend a hand when needed. Membrane Nitrox plus HP fills.

Best boat in SoCal for multi-day trips. End of Story, for me. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom