peeing in suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I try not to anymore. Tired of taking it off and having it stink. Never really noticed any warmth benefit from peeing.

ScubaSarus:
I try not to anymore. Tired of taking it off and having it stink.
I hate it when you feel like you need to stay downwind of everybody :wink: You can always just unzip and jump in for a little swim.

OTOH, I've found that staying very well hydrated dramatically reduces the odor level -- far beyond the reduction that comes from just the extra dilution. I don't know what body chemistry changes are at work, but for me at least, the counterintuitive action of drinking lots and lots of water works.

ScubaSarus:
I try not to anymore. Tired of taking it off and having it stink. Never really noticed any warmth benefit from peeing.

Mm.. the smell of fresh urine..

There isn't any warmth benefit to peeing, just the opposite infact. You're likely to get colder by peeing as you are ridding your body of heat stored in your urine.

The Kraken:
My problem is getting the Depends to fit inside the wet suit. That's why I just bought a dry suit. It's a lot easier to fit in the Depends.

Just the visual I needed, you standing in the parking lot at Lanier in a Depends instead of the Speedo. :D

Of course when you see me smiling this winter while diving wet, know that I just found the warm spot.

I can't believe I just read seven pages about whether or not to pee in your wetsuit. Went diving this weekend in my drysuit. Wasn't sure if I would make it out...I mean get out of my drysuit in time. My buddy was taking his damn time getting out of the water and I was on the beach doing my pee pee dance.

Avic7:
I can't believe I just read seven pages about whether or not to pee in your wetsuit. Went diving this weekend in my drysuit. Wasn't sure if I would make it out...I mean get out of my drysuit in time. My buddy was taking his damn time getting out of the water and I was on the beach doing my pee pee dance.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt .... almost made a wetsuit out of a drysuit. By the time I found a bush to count mushrooms at, it was painful to go... LOL!!! :D

Yup... that sounds like a full blown case of CBS. (Critical Bladder Squeeze)

Avic7:
This is why God invented the P-valve. Of course then you get to deal with those lovely catheters.....

Canadian_Diver:
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ....

In my case, been there, done that, got the Depends (to keep my dry suit dry!). :D

Canadian_Diver:
Mm.. the smell of fresh urine..

There isn't any warmth benefit to peeing, just the opposite infact. You're likely to get colder by peeing as you are ridding your body of heat stored in your urine.

I agree you may not get too warm from fresh wizzzz... BUT your body does expend a lot of energy keeping the pee the same temperature as the body. Thats why when you get cold your reflex is to pee. Your body wants to get ride of anything it doesn't need to keep warm. So there isn't a benefit to keeping it inside, its just making more work for bodies temperature control.

This is an interesting discussion. As long as we're on scatalogical topics, on Maui I was doing a shore dive at Black Rock and I was just wearing my scuba gear and a swimsuit. Snorkelers were thick on the surface and I farted and watched the bubbles rise into the pack. That was cool.

wetrat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom