Pelican 1120 Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CNTdiver

Reaction score
As odd as it sounds, I bought the 1120 Pelican case at Fry's Electronics last afternoon. Basically, I wanted to see what the "craze" about Pelican Cases was. Let me tell you that I am so pleased with the durability, quality, and ease of the whole case. As for padding, all you have to do it CAREFULLY pick out pre-cut pieces of foam to fit whatever you want in there. Even though the box is medium-small, I was able to fit my Sealife Reefmaster Digital Camera, camera care kit, extra batteries,and a NiTek 3 computer and manual. Everything fits perfectly and securely. For anyone who wants to keep their delicate, and delicate generally indicates expensive :11: , equipment safe, this case will not disappoint you.

CNTdiver:
As odd as it sounds, I bought the 1120 Pelican case at Fry's Electronics last afternoon. Basically, I wanted to see what the "craze" about Pelican Cases was. Let me tell you that I am so pleased with the durability, quality, and ease of the whole case. As for padding, all you have to do it CAREFULLY pick out pre-cut pieces of foam to fit whatever you want in there. Even though the box is medium-small, I was able to fit my Sealife Reefmaster Digital Camera, camera care kit, extra batteries,and a NiTek 3 computer and manual. Everything fits perfectly and securely. For anyone who wants to keep their delicate, and delicate generally indicates expensive :11: , equipment safe, this case will not disappoint you.

"Hi, my name is Doc, and I am a box collector"

(part of the 12 step program)

You can't swing a dead cat at my place without hittin' something made by Pellican, Doscosill, Anvil or Halliburton. I have a case fetish.

Just please abide by my one plea... If your going to take it along on an airflight for your camera gear, stuff it inside a duffel bag and check it in.

I see many dive travellers dragging their too-big/too-heavy Pellicans as carry-on and for what? To take up the overhead compartment and their carry-on allowance? If you're carrying it, use a nice padded ballistic nylon camera bag.

Pellican cases are excellent for keeping a flooded camera immersed in fresh water for transport, as well. You can also use them for jack stands for medium sized trucks.

Is "Frys" that new place out near Lombard?

Yep-- Pelican is good for just that purpose. Unfortunately, early in my dive life, I also purchased the 'large' Pelican case for travel. It was a bad idea. The rigid case actually holds less than the large travel bags with the ballistic cloth and padded sides. My bad--

i have a case for my laptop, and have had it drop a few times with nothing happening to the case or computer.
i think the huge ones are only good if you are in the armed forces.

scubasean:
How much was it?

The box was about $35 and yes, Fry's is the new place in Lombard.

I have an otterbox that's really good, too.

I have a small otterbox rated to 200 ft. I put my keys in there all the time. I went to 100 feet and it flooded past the seals :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom