Pensacola Area Algae

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I was the one with the Camera. I was scouting for a night dive, but no chance with current visibility.

Kevin, are you saying St. Andrews was clear? Destin was clear Thursday of last week, but I'm sure the algae is heading east with the prevailing winds this week. I think the St. Andrews should be ok for at least a week. I'm really curious how far east of Navarre it is? Has anyone seen the algae in Destin?

Well me and my buddy thought it was good viz. I dove it 2 weeks ago too and the viz was about the same. To me 20 to 25 ft is excellent viz, its not clear viz by any means, lots of suspended particles but I didnt notice any algae.

Man, it would be nice to get 20'-25' vis.. Its been 10'-15' here. All good thou.

That looks like great vis compared to what I dove Saturday.

Check these pics out:

Attachments

• P7050154.jpg
    P7050154.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 46
Check this Video! I shot this near the end of the pier to the west side where the debris is, I was trying to salvage the dive by watching some macro stuff, but you can see all the algae drifting through in the video:

YouTube - Navarre, Beach FL July 5th 2008

That looks like great vis compared to what I dove Saturday.

Check these pics out:

Yea, I had one of those the other week. Better than nothing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom