Pensacola Area Algae

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Algae blooms happen when the waters get warm :wink: Best vis in spring and fall.

Vis on the Tex Edward yesterday was around 30 feet. However, three coal vis was 2 feet. Last weekend on the Oriskany vis below the algae layer was 60+ feet but the current was rippin. Hopefully the current is moving the algae layer out. Regardless it is better than being at WORK! Have a great Wednesday

The Wallace Liberty Ship vis yesterday below the murk was at least 50 foot and Atlantis vis at about 30+. Hay! You cant complain about that vis.
Get out on a boat and get off shore, and have a good dive.

June grass comes every summer. It has been a little late showing up this year. It can get really bad:

617green2.jpg

617green1.jpg

Just depends on weather trends, storms, ect. Late summer/fall and it'll be clearing for sure.

Were you guys diving in Navarre during high slack tide? If you go out a bit before with an in- coming tide you get the best viz of the day. It has been weird that this snot layer has hung around so long, hopefully it will go away soon.

Were you guys diving in Navarre during high slack tide? If you go out a bit before with an in- coming tide you get the best viz of the day. It has been weird that this snot layer has hung around so long, hopefully it will go away soon.

Most of my recent dives have been during unfavorable tide conditions, but even out at the Oriskany there are reports of 10ft viz from 0-80fsw. I'll be glad when it's gone. I got spoiled with all the nice weather/conditions we had this Spring :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom