Pensacola Area Algae

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you think there is any merit to thought that it may be heavier and staying longer due to the Mississippi dumping "schmutz" into the gulf?

Well good news..... I hope. I went to the beach yesterday in Navarre, and the algae seems to be gone. Now if we could only get rid of the stinging jellies!

the jellies have been a real p.i.t.a. this year, they usually come and go, but for some reason they've stuck around all season it seems. :(

They've over extended there stay by several weeks. They just won't go away. I like the idea of filling them with sand though!

Some years are worse than others, we've had light years the last two years, but three years ago we had jellies in similar concentrations and durations as this, if not worse.

I dove in trunks yesterday afternoon, it wasn't awefull. I'm only 40% welted up - LOL!

Mat,
Good to hear from you again. For those that don't know Mat; 40% welting is considerable body area.
Howard

the Panama jettys were snotted up last week with 10ft vis,but being a lake diver 10 ft is a good day for vis. had a good time looking at all the macro life on the rocks,it is amazing how much is there if you stop and really look.Now I just need to learn the names of what I saw.

I hope the snot that was here in Navarre has moved East! If that's the case there may be 2 weeks of snot in PCB.

Any update on the algae and jellies? I'll be in the area for the first week in August and plan to do some shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom