people are odd in the Chicago area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian2063

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
People seem too unwilling to take risks in Chicago. Had several people tell me I should not be in a hurry to get back into diving, and buy someone's used equipment that has not been used for a few years to be able to go on a trip on sunday when my brand new equipment will arrive at my dive shop on monday and be set up with a shop professional for proper fit and operation, and instead spend time refreshing my memory on procedures, and not be like Stockton Rush and rush into something untested. Lake michigan is not that cold or dangerous at 30-50 feet, been out on my 26 foot powercruiser in 14's and solid fog and was not at all nervous.

We don’t need no stinkin’ punctuation, either.

Enjoy the pretty fish.

On street parking:
IMG_6318.jpeg

People seem too unwilling to take risks in Chicago. Had several people tell me I should not be in a hurry to get back into diving, and buy someone's used equipment that has not been used for a few years to be able to go on a trip on sunday when my brand new equipment will arrive at my dive shop on monday and be set up with a shop professional for proper fit and operation, and instead spend time refreshing my memory on procedures, and not be like Stockton Rush and rush into something untested. Lake michigan is not that cold or dangerous at 30-50 feet, been out on my 26 foot powercruiser in 14's and solid fog and was not at all nervous.
People weird in Sh*tcago? Isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black?!

🤦‍♀️🙄🤣

Who are these people? You didn't talk to me :)

It's much more dangerous to walk the dog in chicago than to go on a 30-50 foot dive with equipment that was unused for several years. have more risk of being shot than anything happening on the dive. Also I know Stockton Rush, ceo of OceanGate would absolutely not be concerned about that.

.. more risk of being shot than anything
73 people shot, 13 dead last 4th of july weekend in Chicago. And officials claim it was quieter than usual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom