people are odd in the Chicago area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's much more dangerous to walk the dog in chicago than to go on a 30-50 foot dive with equipment that was unused for several years. have more risk of being shot than anything happening on the dive. Also I know Stockton Rush, ceo of OceanGate would absolutely not be concerned about that.
You live in Skokie, not Austin

🤣😂

You live in Skokie, not Austin

🤣😂
I am in Chicago often, usually either edgewater/uptown/east lakeview or the loop and much more dangerous criminal activity now than ever before.

And of course, Skokie is solidly in “the Chicago area”, so I guess you’re odd as well.

73 people shot, 13 dead last 4th of july weekend in Chicago. And officials claim it was quieter than usual.
Even with NASCAR, yes, pretty quiet.

No car-jackings noted on pit road.

I believe Lk Michigan visibility is only tested at 60’ and deeper. Above that depth, it’s essentially always a night dive.

It's much more dangerous to walk the dog in chicago than to go on a 30-50 foot dive with equipment that was unused for several years. have more risk of being shot than anything happening on the dive. Also I know Stockton Rush, ceo of OceanGate would absolutely not be concerned about that.
I live in the loop and I've taken my dog for over 2,000 walks, including over 700 after 10pm, with no problem. Violent crime here is very much localized and avoidable.

Also, I'm not sure why Chicago gets picked on so much. Last year was unusually bad for murders in Chicago and the rate was still below New Orleans, St. Louis, Detroit, Rochester NY, Atlanta, Hartford CT, Washington DC, and Richmond VA. (2022 murder rate, descending order, cities over 200k population.). And things appear to be returning to normal, with Chicago coming in 16th in murder rate in the first quarter of 2023 according to Cities with the Biggest Homicide Rate Problems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom