Perhentian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive crazy

Reaction score
Hi people! Here's a newbie to this forum! I'm planning on a trip to Perhentian this october as part of the AWARE program. How are conditions over there? (weather, vis, current, marine life..) So far i've only been to tioman for my basic and advanced, so how does perhentian compare with it?

You'll have lots of fun. It's great diving. Try the Sugar Wreck. Nice and easy but watch out for the currents. They can be nasty sometimes.

jiveturkey once bubbled...
You'll have lots of fun. It's great diving. Try the Sugar Wreck. Nice and easy but watch out for the currents. They can be nasty sometimes.

Remember to bring your Gloves :)

I cut myself there

dive crazy once bubbled...
Hi people! Here's a newbie to this forum! I'm planning on a trip to Perhentian this october as part of the AWARE program. How are conditions over there? (weather, vis, current, marine life..) So far i've only been to tioman for my basic and advanced, so how does perhentian compare with it?

Dive Crazy,
When in October? Are you going as part of a group AWARE program? End of October is the start of monsoon season for that area. Things start to slow down in September and rooms can cost less than half price. Many dive operations stop business mid or end of October. High winds and big waves which is good for surfing. You may want to check weather condition before you go.

IMO, you will be pushing your luck if you go at the end of October.

Dive Safe.

I'll be going in early oct wif flora bay divers as a matter of fact. & besides they are trowing in a free peak performance buoyancy specialty all for $330, so i think it's pretty worth it. Anyway thanks for all your commends :)

It's starting to rain almost daily now in the East Coast -more towards the evening & night, but the sea still looks diveable at the moment. Dont know about end-Oct though...Flora Bay Divers crew will take good care of you . Dont worry. My regards to Azman the CD & Kamarulzaman the Dive Shop Manager. Dont let the tittles get to you, these guys are some of the friendliest divers I've been around & they know their stuff - not to mention the dive sites. Keep me posted on the AWARE project, will you? Me & my dive bud are thinking of sneaking off & getting some dives in Oct. as well. Maybe we can meet up in Perhentian!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom