Perth in early December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jafoca

Reaction score
The threat of unrest in Fiji has caused two friends and I to back out of the trip we had planned for after our exams in early December. I was not very worried, and have read all of the "doesn't affect tourism" etc, but some of our parents feel strongly that we should not go so we have been forced to bend to their will....

We have decided instead to use the tickets to go to Perth. What is the reccomended diving around that area? We will only have four to fiveish days in Perth, so traveling far away is not possible. Where should we start looking?

Thanks!

You'll likely want to head to Rottnest for at least one day of diving. There are quite a few dive centres in Perth that offer boat diving. Perth Diving Academy comes to mind; Sorrento Quay Dive if you are in the northern suburbs.

If you will have a car you might want to drive to Busselton for the jetty and Dunsborough for the Swan wreck. It's worth driving down and spending a night or two down that way.

If you were going to Fiji and are now going to Perth make sure that all of your expectations are adjusted as Perth's diving is nothing like Fiji whatsoever (except that it's wet) :wink:.

why not change your route to Vanuatu or Niue instead???

cheers

we looked into vanuatu, but the price difference was going to be large... we (being college students studying abroad for this semester) allready had to scrape together all the funds we could in order to set up this trip to Fiji.

I'm well aware that it is going to be quite different than Fiji, I was really looking forwards to the soft coral, sharks, trying to surf when not diving, and beach, but I am also unwilling to abandon my friends... I am an inexperienced diver (just completed my AOW with 15 dives) so I probably will be happy whereever I can get myself wet. Additionally, I just bought an almost full set of gear so I am excited to use that.

Alcina-
Could you elaborate on what we could expect to see at each of the locations you mentioned? Thanks! I will be looking into it further myself too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom