Philippine Airlines sports package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@babyD: hey, stop chasing away potential tourists!

Chasing them away? Heck, our two instructors are chasing them away because we are getting too many.....who said the world was in an economic crisis?!?!?!?

Note to all: Do not bother with Panay Explorers. They are not interested in your custom.

Awesome business move dude.

Huh? "Custom"? It's called humor. You need some thicker skin....dude....
I hope your comment doesn't hurt our business........<shaking wildly now>

Your blast against our Flag Carrier was way out of bounds anyway! If you hadn't researched the fees beforehand then that is a lick on you. Too bad you had pay.....look in the mirror if you want to blame someone. Philippine Airlines serves us very well.

Huh? "Custom"? It's called humor. You need some thicker skin....dude....
I hope your comment doesn't hurt our business........<shaking wildly now>

Your blast against our Flag Carrier was way out of bounds anyway! If you hadn't researched the fees beforehand then that is a lick on you. Too bad you had pay.....look in the mirror if you want to blame someone. Philippine Airlines serves us very well.

You are a wonderful advocate for the diving/tourism industry in Philippines.

Anyway, out of interest, I went and checked the two etickets as I still have the emails.

Tickets for BOTH flights (BK-MAN and MAN-Duma) came from :eek:nlinebooking@pal.com.ph

(the Philippine Airlines site/server) and, even worse, on the top of the email for the Dumaguette leg it says clearly that: "Thank you for booking online and choosing PHILIPPINE AIRLINES. Your purchase has been completed and your Electronic Ticket(s) has been issued". (the capitals are in the original email).

It is only when we got to the airport that we found it was NOT Philippine Airlines doing that leg, but Air Philippines.

Even MORE annoyingly, I have just checked and you CANNOT book Manila-dumaguette through the Air Philippines web site, ONLY through Philippine Airlines!

So, I would suggest to you that with the email saying Philippines Airlines, I would have a reasonable expectation of them doing the flight - and NOT Air Philippines.

The amount of conniving that a lot of big Philippine companies (I'm looking at you PLDT and Meralco...) is one of the things I hate the most about the PI. Hearing about your investigation, think you can get a screenshot of it and post it here? That way they can be exposed for being idiots and liars.

Seriously consider Anilao with a day/overnight trip to Subic. There's nothing in terms of mantas or threshers, but the resident school of Jackfish at Twinrocks is fun to play with.

Oh and off-topic:

You know that loud obnoxious guy in the party that's too over the top loud and obnoxious that you can't help but laugh cause it's too unbelieveable?

That's BabyD. And his posts make me laugh and just sigh "oh BabyD....". Sorry Josh, seeing you baited into them makes me laugh harder. hehe :D Once you realize this, he grows on you... :D

Josh, I am sorry that we are getting off on the wrong foot here. I was attempting to throw some of my dry humor into the mix. As I re-read the posts, I see that I have been insensitive to what you went through. My humble apologies for that as I am very proud of our airlines and all of what we do here in the Philippines. Hopefully our awesome diving here in the Philippines really made up for the inconvenience. I am sure it was never anyone's intent to mislead you and cause you any grief. Again, hopefully our awesome diving here in the Philippines really made up for the inconvenience.

Josh- as you booked it through the PAL site, they should have honoured your sports card. PAL is actually known for better customer service (way better than Cebu Pacific, really, though i am a die hard Cebu Pacific fan- which other airline can one get to KL from Manila for a $1?!) and if you do not mind, you can raise this up to their customer complaint unit. You may end up both with the reimbursement + complimentary tickets!

i agree with the guys. Anilao is awesome for macro. forget about indonesia (sorry, mickey + simon. lembeh was awesome but PI is my home! :p )....

With any company, you're stuck with dealing with the local employee and how that person wants to interpret or understands the rules. I was once getting on a domestic flight with Northwest Airlines in the USA and they refused to allow me to check in some properly boxed live fish. This is something had I had done many many times over the years and I even carried a copy of their rules with me on a just in case situation. Even having their rules with me didn't matter, they refused to let me check them with my bags and I had to send them air cargo instead. I almost missed my flight because of it.

One thing I notice about being in the Philippines, is employees have even less power to make things right and are less able to deal with the out of norm customer. I assume fear of loosing their job if they do the wrong thing is the reason. I wouldn't blame PAL over what happened, but I would blame the local manager who trained the agent you dealt with. Although its likely their manager who poorly trained them. As someone already said, your best option is to try to get PAL to make it right after the fact. On your trip its better to just go with the flow and not let problems like this spoil your attitude and enjoyment of the trip.

Josh, I am sorry that we are getting off on the wrong foot here. I was attempting to throw some of my dry humor into the mix. As I re-read the posts, I see that I have been insensitive to what you went through. My humble apologies for that as I am very proud of our airlines and all of what we do here in the Philippines. Hopefully our awesome diving here in the Philippines really made up for the inconvenience. I am sure it was never anyone's intent to mislead you and cause you any grief. Again, hopefully our awesome diving here in the Philippines really made up for the inconvenience.
holy ****! is that you babyd!!?!?!?!??!

SOMEBODY CALL THE POPE! WE NEED AN EXORCISM!!!

exorcismHead.jpg

whoever you are! leave babyd's body alone! get thee behind him satan!!!

:rofl3:

Jag

PS
sorry babyd, couldn't resist... i've never seen such a contrite post from you :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom