Philippine Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49:
That really did suck large calamansis.
That, sir, is the most apropos (and in effect hilarious) quip i have heard yet! waahahahahahaha

Jag

PS
btw... how big should a calamansi be to be considered large? as big as a dalandan? then wouldn't it be a dalandan?

shugar:
That, sir, is the most apropos (and in effect hilarious) quip i have heard yet! waahahahahahaha

Jag

PS
btw... how big should a calamansi be to be considered large? as big as a dalandan? then wouldn't it be a dalandan?

Not sure.....what is a dalandan? I'm losing my Ilonggo after five years absence (learning Spanish now) and I never learned much Tagalog. But I have a recipe for you regarding calamansi. You eat kilawin, or kinilaw as they call it in the Visayas? There is a variation of it here in the Caribbean called ceviche. It's pretty much the same but without the vinegar. My son (born and raised in Iloilo) keeps telling me we whould go and smuggle in a bunch of calamansi for ceviche. Try it with corn tortilla chips to dip it. Masarap. You can use tanguigue, squid, octopus...really good.
Do you play golf? If you do, we may know some of the same people. Hank

Thanks for the site! I heard about the weather and the difficulties with flooding. I'm coming to Subic in a couple of weeks, not so concerned with the weather as how the people will be doing after the rains.
Since the storm tracked right over Luzon, I figure that most of the worries were there, anyone know how much damage, how many people hurt?

Tom

I watched the news last night, my first time in more than a week.
That last storm was devastating! The president visiting the damage and asking help from all the people outside the heavily damaged areas.
Do all the major storms wreak such havoc?
I have some letters to write.

Tom

over 400 confirmed dead by the calamity of DENUDED FOREST !!!!!

Thousands of logs floating around the river delta and scattered over the river arteries and a huge lot around the communities !!!

The houses were literally buried and wrecked by roaring logs.

Subic would not pose any problems for you for your trip.

THe residents should really team up an put the law into their own hands and terminate those illegal / detrimental activities.

dalandan = 4 medium calamansi + a teaspoon of sugar.

there are little oranges now in little net bags, i have been told they are not orange, nor ponkan, nor whatever.... what are they called? they look like small dalandan only in orange rind.

I suggest you just bring calamansi seeds and plant them, and wait until they give you the fruits of your labor :eek:)

and an alternate would be to find a filipino store there. at times they have calamansi on hand.

Hank49:
Not sure.....what is a dalandan? I'm losing my Ilonggo after five years absence (learning Spanish now) and I never learned much Tagalog. But I have a recipe for you regarding calamansi. You eat kilawin, or kinilaw as they call it in the Visayas? There is a variation of it here in the Caribbean called ceviche. It's pretty much the same but without the vinegar. My son (born and raised in Iloilo) keeps telling me we whould go and smuggle in a bunch of calamansi for ceviche. Try it with corn tortilla chips to dip it. Masarap. You can use tanguigue, squid, octopus...really good.
Do you play golf? If you do, we may know some of the same people. Hank
a dalandan is a mandarin orange (but the skin is green go figure)... "dalandan" is a local corruption of the spanish "naranja" (how's that for segueing languages hehehehe)

i get confused between kinilaw and kilawin... one is the raw fish in vinegar that is a staple of visayan drinking binges (mmmmmmm... especially if tuna or tangigue... mmmmmm) the other is not raw but also vinegared (i think) and can take the form of goat meat or beef or what-not (not too hot about this one)... [partrige help! you're the one geographically nearest who can clarify this]

don't play golf although i do know how... 1 expensive hobby at a time or the wife will castrate me ehehehehehehehe

Jag

paolov:
dalandan = 4 medium calamansi + a teaspoon of sugar.

there are little oranges now in little net bags, i have been told they are not orange, nor ponkan, nor whatever.... what are they called? they look like small dalandan only in orange rind.

I suggest you just bring calamansi seeds and plant them, and wait until they give you the fruits of your labor :eek:)

and an alternate would be to find a filipino store there. at times they have calamansi on hand.
the orange-a-likes are kiat-kiats... kinda like mini ponkans...

i have to agree with the bringing seeds... the weather in belize should be very similar so it shouldn't be a problem to grow them...

pao... i've had to do a little research on belize for a project that didn't happen (bummer), but it's a sleepy little country in the middle of nowhere south america... i don't think there'll be a filipino store there

although if my mom's theory is correct, there should be at least ONE ilocano there since they're to be found everywhere on the globe... kind of like chinese and snakes

Jag

Back
Top Bottom