Philippines Dive Notes, May 2012, Part 3. Mactan, Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I applaud the effort that you've put into these three reports, Tjack!

Thanks for sharing so much of your adventure with us. My reading brought sentiments of longing to the surface - can't wait to return to this remarkable gem of a destination!

Thanks Tjack,

Can you recomend any dive shops or accomadations in those areas.

Thanks again for you trip reports thats right where we are considering diving.

Good trip reports. Thanks for posting. I agree that Mactan/Cebu area has some nice dives. I do not think that they are as good as the wonderful diving nearby (e.g., Bohol, Moalboal), but they are definitely worth doing. I was pleasantly surprised.

I am now planning to stay at mactan to go see the sardines. I have seen them on 2 different trips to moalboal and i realize this is *not* likely the same school of sardines. i am looking into diving with kontikidivers.com right now and stay at their hotel there. any suggestion on what other *must dive* locations in the mactan area? i want to make sure i cover any great dive locations while there. i did see there is a deep cave near mactan also, any opinion on that place?

Occasionally we used to go over to Tingo for a morning deeeeep dive for threshers but the success rate was maybe 3/10. But tons of macro on the shelf so never a wasted trip IMO.

How deep is deeeeep, Supergaijin?

Tingo Point off Olango Island would be worth a shot to see a Thresher Shark.

I plan for this visit was to see the sardines mostly, my gf has never seen any before, so this is mostly a trip for her. I have been to moalboal 2 different trips and dove with the sardines there several times. we are then planning to go to the eco park 1 hour north of Cebu city, then catch a direct flight to Camiguin island for a week or so. more diving on Camiguin island plus a lot of site seeing on the island.

I saw thresher sharks for about 20 seconds with the sardines in moalboal. it was just enough time to say I saw them, that is about it. but it would be nice to see more of them that 20 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom