Philippines or Palau--HELP!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our diving rates include use of speed boat, use of our tanks and fills, use of weights and belt,and the service of our in-house Dive Masters and Dive Pass (daily marine conservation fee).
Dive with us at your own pace. Rent a boat and spent time at the sea as you please. We even pack lunches should you wish to enjoy the day out on the surrounding beach islands.

Hi Sara,
I have few questions for you:
1. The diving rate is the same for a single diver. There is no such thing as "not enough divers" excuse so the single diver has to pay EXTRA!!
2. Is the pack lunch FREE otherwise I do not see the point of mentioning it?
3. How would you suggest to a single diver who want to use public transport to your resort?

Regards.

Hi Sara,
I have few questions for you:
1. The diving rate is the same for a single diver. There is no such thing as "not enough divers" excuse so the single diver has to pay EXTRA!!

Diving rate for more than one diver is cheaper than a single diver. You can save up to 50% if you come with 2 or more divers. Of course, for a single diver, you have to pay for the whole boat ride. It will be an advantage if you come in groups because you can share for the payment of the boat.

2. Is the pack lunch FREE otherwise I do not see the point of mentioning it?

A day-trip visit to us is inclusive of a meal. Some clients prefer special packed lunches prepared should they wish to enjoy the day out in one of the surrounding island beaches.

3. How would you suggest to a single diver who want to use public transport to your resort?

From Manila, you can ride a bus to Batangas Diversion. From Diversion, ride a jeep to Anilao Mabini. Lastly, from Mabini, ride a tricycle to our resort. If money is not a problem with you, we can pick you up from Manila to our resort.

Hope my reply is beneficial to you. Have a great day. :)

Diving rate for more than one diver is cheaper than a single diver. You can save up to 50% if you come with 2 or more divers. Of course, for a single diver, you have to pay for the whole boat ride. It will be an advantage if you come in groups because you can share for the payment of the boat.

A day-trip visit to us is inclusive of a meal. Some clients prefer special packed lunches prepared should they wish to enjoy the day out in one of the surrounding island beaches.

From Manila, you can ride a bus to Batangas Diversion. From Diversion, ride a jeep to Anilao Mabini. Lastly, from Mabini, ride a tricycle to our resort. If money is not a problem with you, we can pick you up from Manila to our resort.

Hope my reply is beneficial to you. Have a great day. :)

1. Anilao is probably the only place in Philippines that has boat charges.
2. If it is so simple, plenty divers would be using it. But in reality....
All buses going to Batangas pier will drop you off about 200m from the turn off.
A ride on a jeepy to Anilao Mabini could mean change of jeepy couple of times.
Do you know a direct jeepy from Batangas City to Anilao? Where is the jeepy departs?

Haven't been to PI, so can't compare one versus another, but I have been to Palau and can tell you it was SUPERB! The Landmark Marina hotel sent a bus to pick us up at the airport and taxi's were easy to find to get around town. We walked to Fish 'n Fins, which is literally next door. The boat ride to the various dive sites was sometimes short and sometimes longer (not more than 45 minutes) and always beautiful. Lunch was included and they accommodate special dietary requests very well. Call or email them with questions. They helped make my arrangements when I was there in 2010.

OK I live in the Philippines, have traveled all over and I believe the Philippines has some very very good diving possiblly even great diving. Palau can be a lot more exotic than the Philippines and the diving can be outstanding. If you can afford to make a great trip like this every year then I say dont worry about it pick one and then do the other spot next year... If you want specific info on the Phillippines feel free to email me or PM me via this board.

Cheers,
Roger

A ride on a jeepy to Anilao Mabini could mean change of jeepy couple of times.
Do you know a direct jeepy from Batangas City to Anilao? Where is the jeepy departs?

Your transpo from Batangas would be Jeep-Tricycle. From Manila, that would be Bus-Jeep-Tricycle.
Jeep travels from Batangas to Mabini. To get to the resort, you should have one more ride.

Back
Top Bottom