Photo Printer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DTB1981:
Can some one recomend a good printer for photos, or should i get one of the photo only printers?

Other than to say you want a printer for photo's, your *requirements* have reduced the number of helpful suggestions to 100% of the printers on the market.

How big do you plan on printing? Is archival quality a factor? Do you want to print Gloss, Luster, or Matte? RU printing for clients? Is speed a factor?

I have the Epson 2200, and it's an awesome printer. In general I think Epson makes the best photo printers on the market at least at the consumer level, and even some very top notch pro models in the moderate to low price range. What model would really depend on your needs which have not been defined in this thread :D

I went with the Olympus P400 printer. Dye Sublimation, 8x10 print size. I know the ink jets have closed the gap a lot, but I still think for serious work, a dedicated, photo only, dye sub printer is the way to go.

I know other people make dye subs besides Olympus, but I have not used them. As far as the Oly line, the P400 was an outstanding printer, but, I hear they are no longer making it. They do make a P11 that prints 4x6.

It mostly depends on your needs though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom