Photos of the day - September 24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These pictures are amazing. Have you been taking under water pictures long? Professional? With a normal camara? My pictures do not look like that. I would love to get into under water photography. Colleen

Colleenmac:
These pictures are amazing. Have you been taking under water pictures long? Professional? With a normal camara? My pictures do not look like that. I would love to get into under water photography. Colleen

No Collen, i'm but a humble amateur... trust me on that.
I'm using a 'normal' camera, Canon Powershot A610, compact point & shoot camera, not expensive at all... camera was $200 or so, housing is $160ish..

My pics don't look quite like that out of the camera, I do some work in image editing programs to bring out the colours and whatnot.

Like everything u/w photography takes practice and dedication, keep practicing and your pics will only get better over time..... started shooting back in January.
Take a look in this forum do some searches and check out this thread if you wanna learn more about u/w photography.

alcina:
Jam -

The Xmas tree shot really works. Very nice composition and focus. The patterns and light work extremely well for me. Great job!
Not to mention spot-on DOF!:D

Nice Jam, first time I've seen someone focus on a moray's tonsils... :wink:

Great shots, Jam! An amazing set of shots of the moray, like the details very much. The Christmas Tree & Reef shots are fantastic. :D

Ed.

pakman:
Nice Jam, first time I've seen someone focus on a moray's tonsils... :wink:

Ya, I've seen lots of pics of that green Moray but it's the focus inside the mouth that makes it unique. Good job, JamD! How close were you to the moray to get that shot and did you zoom into the mouth? Do these moray's bite? I'd be afraid to get tht close.

Hey Jam! Very nice pictures! Particularily the Christmas Tree!

Did you get an external strobe for that shot? I thought I remembered you said you didn't have one or maybe that was just for that particular dive. Anyhow, great shot and I love the lighting

rjsimp:
Hey Jam! Very nice pictures! Particularily the Christmas Tree!

Did you get an external strobe for that shot? I thought I remembered you said you didn't have one or maybe that was just for that particular dive. Anyhow, great shot and I love the lighting

Hehe, thanks :).
No external strobe, just good old manual white balance...

Cheers :14:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom