Photos of the day - September 24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice shots, Jam. I think the Moray might be due for a cleaning. Those incisors are looking a little brown. Maybe 1-800-dentist?

Jamdiver:
Christmas Tree Worm

251655062_ec5703f3f0_o.jpg

applause.gif

Fantastic light, Jam - this one's an absolute gem.

Now get me some rum...:wink:

cool pcs... Jam

CLA:
Ya, I've seen lots of pics of that green Moray but it's the focus inside the mouth that makes it unique. Good job, JamD! How close were you to the moray to get that shot and did you zoom into the mouth? Do these moray's bite? I'd be afraid to get tht close.

I was within a meter or so of the moray....
I used zoom to help compose the shot and frame the moray just right in conjunction with the internal flash...

I timed my shots so that I could get them with his mouth open, so I was actually focusing on his mouth mostly and not his head or eyes :).

Moray's bite like most things I imagine...
This one was a bit shy, had to approach him slowly and give him his space....

thepurplehammerhead:
applause.gif

Fantastic light, Jam - this one's an absolute gem.

Now get me some rum...:wink:
Hehehe :wink:, thanks Larry..... that pic has grown on me over time.
Wasn't a favorite at first, 1/60s f2.8 ( D O F)

Rum, you say........you mean like this :wink::14:........

IMG_8153-edited.jpg

Twas good to the last drop.....

Cheers :).

Very nice Jam! You consistently post beautiful shots taken only by the camera and its internal flash. I am surprised you can get such great shots without a strobe. Its very encouraging, although you clearly know how to master your camera and especially know hot to compose a great shot - the traits of a good photographer :) . I wish I lived in a place where I had access to good diving regularly :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom