Photoshop/PC hell ...... please help !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a great link !!!!!! Soooo helpful. Bookmarked it and gonna print it too.

Thanks for that info.

The issue "seems" to be resolved, holding thumbs over here ........................

Andy: Does the problem occur with jpegs or only with raw files. Make a small folder with some full size jpegs and see if that changes things. Let us know. Never mind, just saw that it was fixed, congrats. Which tip worked?
Bill

Mostly with a folder of RAW or PSD images. The problem started out with the thumbnails not being created - it would just stop about half way.

Dunno which tip worked, probably a combo of this and other forums. The link that Bubbletrubble posted is incredibly helpful. Thanks again !!!!!!

I realize that you are having problems with both Adobe Bridge and Photoshop. It still might be helpful to tackle known issues with Adobe Bridge first...

Follow the recommendations for Adobe Bridge troubleshooting on the Adobe website:
Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge (Windows)

I would pay particular attention to Fix #8.

Let us know how it goes.

i've now stored the website in case i have problems. it might even help with what you call Murphy's law...........

glad to see Andy is sorted

s

Thanks, nobody is happier than me at the moment !

Personally I think the Mods should post that link in a sticky !
There are so many posts with people having problems with Bridge on the Adobe forum.

In addition to what they say in #8 it is also important to let Bridge complete any processes that may be running before starting anything else. This includes browsing folders of images - ie let it build the thumbnails before switching to another folder.

Thanks, nobody is happier than me at the moment !

Personally I think the Mods should post that link in a sticky !
There are so many posts with people having problems with Bridge on the Adobe forum.

In addition to what they say in #8 it is also important to let Bridge complete any processes that may be running before starting anything else. This includes browsing folders of images - ie let it build the thumbnails before switching to another folder.
I'm glad that the tip seemed to be helpful. :D

You might want to consider not using Bridge. It is slow and not a terribly good tool for photographers. Try LightRoom, version 2+, it is a far superior tool for photographers. It also will reduce the time you spend in Photoshop.

Dan

Well the problem returned with a vengeance a few months ago, shortly after I last posted. Couldn't even save a file in Photoshop.

After a long search it turns out that the SATA controller on the motherboard was fried !
New M/B solved the issue completely.

Make sure you've installed your motherboard manufacturer's drivers.

Back
Top Bottom