Pics from Lembeh, Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marpacifica:
Awesome shots, as usual. Now you're getting me to drool over your new Nikon. I just might have to upgrade. What kind of seahorse is that?

Thanks, the yellow pgymy seahorse is a new species that was discovered in Lembeh about 2-3 years ago. I think it is called pontohi pgymy seahorse or something like that. There was an article about it in Asian Divers probably about a year ago and it also made the cover page of Asian Divers in the same issue. In the past they are found at deeper depth 30-40m at least but this year luckily they are found at a more decent depth.
D2X is a lot of fun and AF is very nice. I was shooting a lot with 60mm with 2x teleconverter and teh AF speed was not too bad but still not quite fast enough for me to catch those pgymies when they were swimming :(
(probably more of my skill rather than the camera since someone else got several nice shots with 70-180mm and D70).

Beautiful :) The nudi is my favourite

Hope this file is not too big. Just tried a little something different :)

frogfish_animation.gif

great pics! I looked at your website also...awsome! I really like the blue ring octopus and the sea horse pics!!
very nice macro work

Wow! Amazing! Excellent! What else can I say! Thanks for sharing!

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom