pictures of the sewage mess in Waikiki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish the day would stay just as it is now- SUNNY and dry. Too bad I can see the black clouds coming in : (

You know what else has happened that no one is talking about? Major road potholes the size of moon craters. Careful folks, my car fell into one this morning by Punahou and it was tooth jarring.

I'll be crossing my fingers for you Melissa!

Pothole..tell me about it!! Ala Wai Blvd is a wreck!...and just about every other street has pukas :frown:

gross pics! :)

Hope things clear up for you guys, I can only imagine what being outside it like right now.

oh and good post about Leptospirosis. When I was living on North Shore we saw2 people catch it by swimming in freshwater at some waterfalls. It's crazy, their whole bodies just started shutting down.

One girl, they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her and they just thought she was going to die. Took about 3 weeks after symptoms started showing to figure out what it was.

Here in Hilo you stay out of Hilo Bay because of that. Some surfers still venture there, and we have a case of leptospirosis occassionally. There is also Waipio valley, which is notorious for it cause of all the runoff.

There is a waste water treatment facility adjacent to the bay near where I dive often (Puhi Bay). If you go down to this one drop off the visibility gets real bad (<5 feet) and thats cause thats where the outflow to the plant is. I have always wondered how much of it is just blown up sediment, and how much is.... well.... other things....

Any comment on how accurate this is? From http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/01/us/01waikiki.html?incamp=article_popular_5

"Officials do not know how long the beaches will remain closed, but they do not expect any more closings.

"The bacteria counts are going down," Mayor Hannemann said.

Mr. Weyman of the National Weather Service said there was a bright spot around the corner, however, and tourists and residents could expect to see a sunny paradise once again. By early next week, Mr. Weyman said, the islands should return to the typical trade wind weather, where showers fall each day primarily on the islands' windward sides and in the mountains.

"We'll still see showers around, but we won't see what we've seen the last 41 days," he said.

In the meantime, motorists crossing Oahu over one of its three mountain pass highways have been treated to spectacular waterfalls, and the normally brown Diamond Head towers in a lush green over Waikiki."

In the meantime, motorists crossing Oahu over one of its three mountain pass highways have been treated to spectacular waterfalls, and the normally brown Diamond Head towers in a lush green over Waikiki."

This is very true, I was inside Daimond Head yesterday for the concert and it was green, green, green and wet, wet, wet. Actuall didn't rain till almost the end of the concert.

On the way to DH we took the shuttlebus and it drove thru Waikiki. I don't know how healthy and/or wise it was but everybody was swimming, booggieboarding and surfing and there were no more signs up.

they stopped pumping the raw sewage on Thrusday or so and are claiming that they pumped 45 million gallons into the canal. But thru the grapevine I hear the numbers are much, much higher. If they are finding dead rats in it, it has to tell you something...them resiliant liddle buggahs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom