pictures of the sewage mess in Waikiki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to the Kahala Mandarin today for lunch with my x and the kids. They said they tested the water there and it is okay. (past Diamond Head, away from Waikiki). It is not the Mandarin anymore. Food are grounds are not the same. The brunch is not what it was and no longer has the Japanese sushi section..... I will always call it the Mandarin anyway.

It looks like some of that sewage may have turned the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor into a deadly soup.

"Spill may have led to critical sickness

By Beverly Creamer and Loren Moreno
Advertiser Staff Writers

Experts say a massive sewage spill could have combined with brackish conditions in the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor to create a bloom of virulent bacteria that has Oliver Johnson fighting a flesh-eating infection."

Entire article can be found at:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060406/NEWS01/604060343/1001

Rickg

does anyone know if this poor guy was taken off life support? My daughter said yes.... I heard on the news that it was sewage bacteria that made him sick. For awhile they were saying "no connection" but I heard a different story last night on the ten o-clock news.

AND I heard homicide is investigating who threw him in there. Good reason not to drink too much and stagger around, if you ask me. And I don't mean it in a mean way either. So many people get too drunk down in Waikiki because they can just "walk" everywhere and then really bad stuff happens to them once they lose their faculties.

there was a drunk at Food Pantry last night...not pretty. Manager wound up calling the police because of his lanuage and behavior...

did you read that the homeless population is up 60% this year? they say due to the property value explosion, lots of people being put out of homes. This is very sad and will be an increasing issue, I am afraid. I remember when we stopped going to San Fran because you literally had to step over people in the streets. SF lost a lot of convention business. This will effect tourism if it gets much worse. Waikiki is a foot traffic friendly place...people like not having to rent cars. Once it is not a nice place to walk around at night, look out Muffi.

yup..all the pretty commericals won't help the problem one bit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom