Pimp My Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
As far as pimping gear... I always wanted to paint Left and Right on my jetfins.
I want to do that, but also wear them on the "wrong" feet, of course. I'd *really* like to see some large high-quality vinyl smiley stickers to decorate the top and bottom of each.
erparamedic:
Hmmm... I could paint "Air" with an arrow pointing up...going up my snorkel. :)

^
R
I
A
How about a "REMOVE BEFORE DIVE" marker for the snorkel of your favorite long-hose diver? (Like the REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT markers you see dangling all over aircraft on the ramp.)

Just when you think a dive float cant be PIMPED, they come out with one that cost $250. It needs the gray metal "hand rail" to be chromed then it might be worth it

Update on the high heel fins,

hightideheels2.jpg

So they are for real :D

Lets go dorkgirls go get them :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

LOL... I don't even own a pair of "regular" heels! I'm too clutzy. :rofl3: I might consider it if they had a 1 1/2 or 2" version though.

:wink:

300bar diver:
Update on the high heel fins,

View attachment 39282

So they are for real :D

Lets go dorkgirls go get them :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Ahem.........Nice Fins!:eyebrow:

Well. I'm home. Any ideas for actually pimping my gear? What types of paint might I use (that won't chip off and poison the little fishies?)

I just got my t-shirts from Lisa's store (Shark Bites in my sig line), so I'm totally pimped out there... or is that dorked out? I'm not sure. But I'm something.

I would like to have a little fun with the actual underwater gear...

trucker girl:
Well. I'm home. Any ideas for actually pimping my gear? What types of paint might I use (that won't chip off and poison the little fishies?)
... ....... ...
I would like to have a little fun with the actual underwater gear...

My LDS had some paint - I can't remember what it was called, but I know I've seen it mentioned on this board elsewhere in a "how do I mark my gear" thread. - it's sort of like that that plastic "puffy" t-shirt paint you can get at craft stores. The LDS had a small piece of neoprene with some lines painted on it as an example - seems like it will hold on pretty tight.

It comes in a variety of colors - Neon Orange, Yellow, white, I think there was blue too.

I was thrilled to see this thread, because I've been obsessing on going back and buying a few colors to dress up my plain black wetsuits. I've mulled over everything from Zebra Stripes, to flames on the legs and sleeves, or a nifty star-pattern (sort of a little "Elvis-ish"; I know, I've lived in Vegas much too long).

whatcha think?

I know you can get heat-shrink graphics wraps for your tanks too -- they are called "tank hides", and they have zebra stripes, flames, some fishy patterns, and even one that makes your tank look like a giant roll of life-savors candies.

If anyone has used these, I am dying to see a picture!

(btw, I have heard that they only fit around 7.25 diameter tanks or smaller, but I'm not entirely sure)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom