PING: Mwhities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep.... He also stepped a bit too far into the political aspects and that is not why I read him.

They didn't want to offend Muslims, so they changed the bad guys to Nazis, as I recall...

Most of his books don't translate well as a screenplay. Way too much technical detail.

I've read all the books and don't think any of the movies came anywhere close. I also read Robert Ludlum and W.E.B. Griffin....great books. I like John Grisham also but again, the movies don't come close to the books.

I think Clancy tried to go "overboard" on the technical side and "setting the scene" too much in a couple of his later books.... It was easy to loose the reader to boredom or at least to yawns through certain sections....

his books just aren't what they used to be...

and movies aren't made like they used to either...

Alec Baldwin hands down.

Man, has he ever gotten soft.... If he keeps going as he has, he could do the lead part for a Michael Moore bioflick.

:rofl3:

They could call it "The Sum of All Beers"?

double :rofl3:

Although I liked Alec in Hunt for Red October, I really don't care to hear his babble now. I'm still waiting for him to move out of the country as he stated he would do if Gore didn't win the election 8 years ago.

Baldwin says he might run for governor of NY. I thought he'd never get elected... but then again look at the quacks they've elected in NY for Governor and Senator here lately and I see if fully possible. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom