Why is my computer pinging at me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRK44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Afternoon chaps 🌞

Basic question coming ❓

I have a brand new Cressi Leonardo dive computer which I used for the first time last week.
Saltwater shore dive max depth 6m.

I kept hearing a little "ping" every now and then and I convinced myself that it was coming from my wrist.
Why would the comp keep pinging like that?
It wasn't continuous, I would say roughly every 5-10 minutes.

Thanks 👍

Were you ascending rapidly at the time of the ping?

From page 45 of the manual:

ASCENT RATE (im. 18) The ascent rate is shown on the display by an arrow indicator at the centre, operating according to the table on the picture 18: If, during surfacing, the maximum allowed ascent rate is exceeded, the display will show three arrows, showing the increasing level of the ascent rate. Additionally, the alarm will sound, the SLOW icon will flash, as well as the arrow indicator. In this situation, surfacing must be stopped until the SLOW icon disappears and the display returns to standard conditions.

From page 45 of the manual:

ASCENT RATE (im. 18) The ascent rate is shown on the display by an arrow indicator at the centre, operating according to the table on the picture 18: If, during surfacing, the maximum allowed ascent rate is exceeded, the display will show three arrows, showing the increasing level of the ascent rate. Additionally, the alarm will sound, the SLOW icon will flash, as well as the arrow indicator. In this situation, surfacing must be stopped until the SLOW icon disappears and the display returns to standard conditions.
That is probably it.
I remember thinking what those 3 arrows in the centre of the screen were.

Thanks for your help 👍

That is probably it.
I remember thinking what those 3 arrows in the centre of the screen were.

Thanks for your help 👍
No problem. You should be able to see which alarms fired when you review the dive in the log.

Saltwater shore dive max depth 6m.

It wasn't continuous, I would say roughly every 5-10 minutes.

That is probably it.
Sorry, but I don't understand. How can you have a rapid ascent rate warning every 5-10 minutes if your max depth on the dive is 6m? If this was the case, then you must have been going up and down like a yo-yo or am I missing something? (as usual)

because this...

1696405002743.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom