Pinnacle Semi Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the Pinnacle Extreme semi-dry and have been very pleased. Living inland I end up doing lots of cold water diving and dove water around 46 degrees with it and was very comfortable. I have never dove cold water dry (other then training in the pool I haven't dove dry) so I can't compare that. I will say it keeps me very warm and often my arms and legs are damp but my chest is dry.

The suit, at least for me keeps me warm in cold water. I know several divers who use their Extreme for ice diving; I haven't done that. The major drawback to a semi-dry, I feel isn't being warm underwater it's getting out in cooler temperatures wet.

I opted for the semi-dry because I don't dive cold water enough to warrant over 1,000 bucks on a full drysuit.

Thanks for all the input, the reason i want something in between my wet suit and dry suit is that for example this past fall i was diving a local quarry, i tend to be in the water longer than anyone else, i wore my wetsuit and was freezing by the end of that day. About 3 weeks later with the water temp only about 6 degrees cooler than the first dive i went in with my drysuit, before anyone else got into the water i was out putting on my wet suit because i was sweating and overheating. With my wetsuit on i was cold by the end of the dives. I dont like to be cold and on some days i can be in the water for 4 hours at a time without getting out, i just want something in between so i can be more comfortable.

...i went in with my drysuit, before anyone else got into the water i was out putting on my wet suit because i was sweating and overheating.

What kind of undergarments are you wearing under the drysuit? Why not vary them? I wear my "cold water" drysuit here in NJ from March-December and by varying undergarment layers am never overheated. Either in the water or topside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom