Pirates Point resort Little Cayman for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes sorry, i was meaning littcayman divers bought the boat*

When I was there in May, they said someone had bought the resort, and I was told the person who bought it did not plan on keeping it a resort, but they weren't sure what they were doing with it yet. Not a lot of info, but that's all I was told that week.

Gazillionaire styrofoam-cup magnate Ken Dart is a reasonable guess--he has huge holdings on Grand Cayman, and owns Point of Sand, a big chunk of Blossom Village, and more hundreds of acres on Little. His holdings reportedly may include a third of the Caymans. We were told when we were there last that he has a mountain-bike trail on the north side, and comes in from home on Grand by helicopter to ride the trail. Silver-lining-wise, he is reported to have a serious conservation bent, and is committed to keeping Point of Sand and at least 600 acres on the north side undeveloped. Buying Pirates and doing little with it would not be out of character--his residence on Grand Cayman is an entire repurposed hotel.

Back
Top Bottom