Plan our Aruba Dives!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had a blast in Aruba and just got home last week.. It is a perfect island for doing all sorts of things. We dove wtih Red Sail Sports and did our advanced open water certification wtih a guy there named Alian. He has a great camera and took several photos of our family and I had them in my email before I got home. It was $250(We have our own gear) and that included 5 dives . There were some smaller dive operations but we were diving with our kids who are 11 and 14 so we felt more comfortable with the PADI approved dive shop. Don't miss the Antilla wreck or the South Coast dives. The viz was 30-40 feet because they have had a lot of rain.

We stayed at the all-inclusive Tamarijn. It was great and the food/drinks were very good. Everyone prefers to deal in dollars so don't bother getting any florins.

We did not get a car and spent alot of time/money on cabs and waiting on the shuttle from Red Sail which is included with the dives but they weren't always timely. When we go back we will definitely rent a jeep for the whole trip
We got one our last two days. It is really fun to be able to drive and explore. Don't miss the Rock Formations or the National Park. We tried to go to the Natural Pool but got lost and ended up in Dos Playas. It was this remote surfer beach . Also, check out he California Light house..Everyone speaks English and it is so safe you can just get lost and then ask someone for directions.
If you are going to try to windsurf the best place is on the beach right next to the last highrise hotel, There is also an outfit that is about 500yards further just past the fishermans hut. We stopped and did a kite surfing lesson with the smaller outfit and they were the same price but they did not have enough people to really do the lessons properly. The larger outfit right on the beach next to the Marriott had more people , boards etc and they were the same price.

If you have anymore questions just let me know.
You will have a dream honeymoon.. Good Luck
Beth

I go to aruba this time every year and will be there the same time . My daughter is going this year and I will be taking her on her first warm water dives.... do the antilla for sure and if you can get away from the resorts and eat and drink with the locals at least once ... it is great ....good luck !!

Thanks for the tips! We're already booked to hit the Antilla and looking forward to it. My intended and I have a pact that we only eat local when we're on the road, so we're all about the Aruba grub. Happy New Year!

Yes, it looks like you are diving with Clive. I just got back from Aruba and am about to write a trip report. You will be quite happy with Clive. He is great to dive with. You should plan on entering the water at about 9:30 each day and being done by 1:30 or so, depending on your group.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom