Planning a future Australia diving trip....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Uli

Edithburgh jetty and port Hughes jetty are both common places to find the various Southern Australian species of Anglerfish – or frogfish as you refer to them. Edithburgh area is also popular for the LSD as you are now aware and the rarer striped pyjama squid.

Port Hughes is also home to a couple of regularly sighted warty prowfish (if one knows how to find them) – similar to an Indian fish – that also appear to walk around on their hands.

If you are in this neck of the woods let me know as we may be able to get together for a dive.

Regards

Paul Macdonald

Thanks for an interesting read. We see Weedies regularly in Sydney altho some sites where they used to be common we don't see them any more there are still sites where they can be found quite easily. I still haven't seen a LSD it is on my bucket list so the info here is much appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom