Planning on buying deep sea supply backplate/wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Supai,

If you have ordered the complete rig he'll send you everything you need. The links posted above are what helped me set up my DSS rig. I would suggest a dive or two down at the Tweed river (Home | Kirra Dive; escaping one world to discover another) to get everything sorted before your trip to Fiji. It's cheap and fairly easy, and you can take your time to play with weighting and setup. The BP/W's take a little bit of getting used to.

I stow my light on right shoulder Dring with a snap bolt and tucked into a keeper with a bit of bungee, and my SMB and reel tocked into a loop of bungee on the bottom of the plate (and clipped off to one of the edge holes) SPG clipped to left hip Dring and roll up snorkel in a small pouch on my right waist band. My octo is currently secured in a bodged up keeper on my waist belt but it is soon to be changed for a longhose setup hopefully.

As for weight, I dive with a large SS plate and either 3lb or no additional weight depending. I think the bolt on weight plates might end up being a bit too much.

Fiji is awesome, where are you going? Let me know if you're interested for a dive in the Tweed in the next few weeks.

In time for Fiji :)
Scheduled Delivery:Tuesday, 31/01/2012, By End of DayLast Location:Departed - Botany, Australia, Saturday, 28/01/2012

Thank you for the info about Tweed. My girlfriend and I are still very "junior" and any extra experience is very welcome. We will have a look at it. I will mail you

We will stay at Hideaway on Viti Levu. Not sure how good or bad it is, but that is what we can afford, and at least it is Fiji :)

I spoke to the local swimming pool at the Valley and they said if I want to test out my dive gear I have to rent a swim lane :( I am also not allowed to even swim with scuba fins, because it takes up too much space.

I don't know much about BP/W's but I was reading another thread in here somewhere yesterday and saw that DevonDiver had some links about setting up wings to. I bet if you PM'd he would give you those links. There was a link that showed how to tie a snap bolt knot (I think) that looked pretty good. Good luck and if you run into my friend Luca down under tell him his old Army buddy says hi...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom