planning to buy a mask... suggestions please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Black is better for cutting glare from the side if focusing through a viewfinder. They stay better looking because the clear skirts get kinda yellow.
Plus it looks cooler.

look for the one with the best fit and gives you a good seal. to test, wear the mask without the strap and breath in through your nose. if it sticks to your face, without you holding it, then you have a good seal.

I use a mares x-vision and I like it!

I offer you to look at Tusa Visualator, my brother has x-vision and I've tried it a couple of times but I didn't like it much (but that's a very good mask though; my brother really loves it) but of course you should try first and another offer if you are a fan of x-vision go for the new x-vision liquidskin which is told to be very comfortable and supports great seal (because of very very soft skirt)

I just picked up the Atomic Subframe and love it. I got the black skirt even though I have used other black skirts with a claustrophopic feeling, but not with the subframe. The FOV is so good that I don't get that feeling at all. Relatively low volume too. Very soft silicone and very high optical quality lenses. A bit pricy but it fit my face well so that's all that really matters. About $110 but you can get it at LP for about $80. Plus it looks way cooler than the pictures on the net!! Good luck.

I just bought my second mask, and stayed with the same - the Tusa M23... (I left one set at the pool, an expensive mistake)... Anyway, I love the mask - very low volume, very good field of view... for some, though, it may end up being too close to your eyes...

i talked to one of my friends, he said that he had two mares x-visions and the problem was that the frame cracked easily due to its thin design, any1 else experience this problem??

I just bought the Cressi penta mask and like it. It has good peripheral. I typically prefer clear skirts (don't like feeling like I'm looking through a tunnel) but got this one in black because the FOV was so good.
Definitely go try them on in your lds though. I tried all of them on and went on comfort, FOV, and looks, in that order.

Find one that fits!!!! if it hurts your face or leaks then keep on looking-----or do like I did and go through a doz. masks befor finding one that has that all important comfort feeling, I dive an IST. it is comfortabe, doesn't leak' and ( with +2 diopter lenses) afordable at < $100

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom