Plans for 12,000 sq. ft. Dive Center Announced.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will they charge sales tax to out of state customers? We pay 9.25% in this part of Calif. Buying from places with zero sales tax and cheap shipping is very relevant.

My understanding of internet sales is that if you are in California, you won't be charged sales tax unless the company has an office in California. i.e. It doesn't matter what the sales tax is in Nebraska.

However, once you receive the item, you are obligated to tell the State of California that you bought an item out of state you would now like to pay the sales tax in California... I doubt that most people do this, but of course I do :wink:

I agree... and really: you don't need that kind of square footage for internet sales! :D

Do we have pics of the ground breaking yet??? Come on, enquiring minds want to know! :D

Internet sales or not, it's great to see that some people aren't scared of the economy and will actually invest hard dollars in a SCUBA-related venture!

I got it. Omaha, NE Duh! This must be the personal dive spot for Warren Buffet! Who else could fund such tomfoolery. Wait, he's smart...hmmm

Who else could fund such tomfoolery.
Myopia at its finest! There is diving all across the world. All you need is water and people for Scuba to be viable. Somehow, I don't think your negativity will prevent them from proceeding here.

Myopia at its finest! There is diving all across the world. All you need is water and people for Scuba to be viable. Somehow, I don't think your negativity will prevent them from proceeding here.

Myopia? You mean hyperopia. In business, myopia (that you seem to have here) is a fatal flaw. Also one that you seem incapable of grasping. This is a substantial investment in a very minor hobby in an area with a very minor population. And wearing rose colored glasses is not going to help you with your distance reading problem either. Remember: Viability and profitability are not the same thing. Unless maybe some big daddy is funding this for fun. This will be a slow return on that investment if it is ever recouped at all.

Trot out your market research then. It will be fascinating to see. Or did you just base this on mind numbing negativity in order to sound important or sage?

Trot out your market research then. It will be fascinating to see. Or did you just base this on mind numbing negativity in order to sound important or sage?

No, only YOU are important and imposing enough to make those pretentious statements. Let the future be the judge of this folly. Do you have a financial stake in this? Are they new sponsors? You seem awful keen on defending them. Have you seen their puerile website? What a joke.

Myopia? You mean hyperopia. In business, myopia (that you seem to have here) is a fatal flaw. Also one that you seem incapable of grasping. This is a substantial investment in a very minor hobby in an area with a very minor population. And wearing rose colored glasses is not going to help you with your distance reading problem either. Remember: Viability and profitability are not the same thing. Unless maybe some big daddy is funding this for fun. This will be a slow return on that investment if it is ever recouped at all.

It's only a "minor population" if they plan on doing a lot of walk-in business.

If they plan on doing internet orders, that location gives them 3 day ground UPS delivery to almost the entire continental US and Canada anywhere near the US border.

Terry

So... no beef with your burger, eh? Nothing to back up the statements? I only see accusations of me somehow benefiting financially by disagreeing with you. They are not only wrong and unfounded but are common with those who claim "hyperopia" when in fact they are not dealing with facts but simple negativism.

Yes, history will tell us if they were right or wrong in their decision. You're right in that their web site leaves a lot to be desired, but that's not what they are banking on here. For me, rather than bathe in your hypobenopnea (can't see anything good), I am going to sit back and applaud them for trying! Rather than tell them they are fools when I have not been privy to their business plan, I am going to wish them good luck!

Being negative doesn't make you smart... it just makes you look negative! :D

BTW, I contacted the shop... not about advertising here, but about giving us updates on their progress. I also gave them a few pointers on their website and offered to give them a detailed analysis if they wanted one. If it's good for Scuba Diving, it's good for ScubaBoard. We're here to help in spite of the nay sayers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom